“Hampton Inn Bowie - Very Convenient!”
Review of Hampton Inn Bowie

Hampton Inn Bowie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel is everything you would expect out of a Hilton property. The hotel is conveniently located adjacent a movie theater and three casual dining restaurants....not to mention it is directly across from a large open air shopping mall. It is also only about a minute's drive from highway 50. Awesomesauce!!!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

lobby is under construction/renovation - stay somewhere else contact the hotel to see if the renovation is completed -- everything was covered in sheetrock dust and construction was underway if it's done, OK to stay - otherwise, avoid until done

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel is not really up to Hampton standards. This is mostly due to the construction that is going on. They said in reply to an earlier comment on Trip Advisor that the construction would be completed by November 2013. For this reason I did not worry when I made my reservation. I was shocked to find the lobby completely torn apart when I arrived. I asked the desk clerk how late they worked and she told me that they were gone shortly after 3;00 pm. They worked until much later. To be honest the noise did not bother me, but the joint compound dust was everywhere. Then they pulled tables into the dining area right next to the joint compound containers and expected the patrons to eat breakfast there. The floor was not even cleaned and was covered in plaster dust. This is totally unacceptable. They should have closed the reception area for a few days, worked around the clock and finished the job as quickly as possible. I made my reservations on the internet on the Hampton Inn web site. I think someone from the hotel should have contacted me and told me about the construction. Also they should have made other arrangements for breakfast instead of using the area that was covered in dust. I heard nothing but complaints from the other people staying here. This is not what I have come to expect from Hampton Inn. To be fair the other part of my stay was pleasant, and my room was nice and clean. I will not be staying here on any future return trips.

Room Tip: Everything except the construction was nice. My room was in the front but it was very quiet.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This Hampton Inn was a pleasant surprise. We were not able to have a early check in but that was the only problem. Tamer, the Manager, was extremely helpful with my reservation. The Breakfast were very good and despite some ongoing construction in the lobby everything was great.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were traveling home, it was raining and were looking for a place to stay. The room was large, comfortable. The lobby is under construction, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was a little firmer than I like, but my family was pleased. The breakfast was ok. I have special dietary needs, but the rest of my party found it satisfactory. Overall it was a nice stay

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Hotel staff is helpful and friendly, it is the perfect layover spot on the way to Florida. It is close to jthe I-95 freeway,the rooms are always ready in the event you arrive early and the breakfast menu is never disappointing.

Room Tip: If disabled,request a room on the lower floor and/or close to the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice location, friendly staff, clean room. I think that says it all, but the won't let me post without 200 characters, so here's some filler. If I die from a disease, I don't want people to say "he lost his battle with _____". It's not like the cancer would live on after I do. Leukemia isn't going to kill me, then steal my car and drive across the country killing hitchhikers. No, the disease dies with me. If I got in a fist fight with a Bengal tiger and at the end we were both dead, you wouldn't say "he lost his fight with a tiger". You'd say "HOLY ****! He died after he PUNCHED A BENGAL TIGER TO DEATH." Sorry, you ask me for 200 characters this late, you're gonna get random stuff.

1  Thank Brent C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Annapolis, MD
10 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!