“Customer Service is lacking at this hotel.”
Review of Hampton Inn Bowie

Hampton Inn Bowie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is old and run down. They say they are in the process of remodeling but I couldn't tell. The halls had a foul odor. The beds need to be replaced. They seem to the originals. Breakfast was even worse. You could tell the food was pre-made frozen items. No care was taken in preparing or in the display. They only had sugar free syrup. I felt as if i was at the Bates Motel. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tamer E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowie, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Momofamid,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us.

We are in the middle of doing a complete hotel renovation and we do have only one renovated floor now.

I would love to speak with you. Please reach out to me directly at your convenience

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My stay at this Hampton or any Hampton has always been friendly and the quality of the hotel has always been more than I expect. Any time anyone asks me where I stay and it I would recommend a place I tell them Hampton. I have always enjoyed my stay with Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mike S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback on trip advisor.

I am glad that you had a great experience with us. We look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Bowie. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more comfortable, please let us know!

All the Best

Reviewed July 16, 2013

No-no's at Hampton Inn Bowie: 1. Sticky/Moist Carpet 2. Smelly Rooms 3. Lousy Air circulation and Exposed construction 4. Cockroaches in the refrigerator 5. Cockroaches in the coffee maker 6. Broken toilet in rooms 7. Rude/Unaccommodating late shift workers 8. No mention of the 100% satisfaction guarantee 9. Awful. And I mean, awful, breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tamer E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowie, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Ajit A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

I am glad that we were able to talk over the phone this morning and resolve the refund issue as a small apology from the hotel.

please be assured that all your concerns will be resolved soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel has been recently updated and everything in our room was new. The breakfast was great and well attended. The breakfast area was always fulled stocked and there were different hot items each day. The fitness area had some dumbbells, elliptical, treadmill and stationary bike. The pool was small but perfect for my 5 year old.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carl M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great feedback.

We are so happy that you and your son had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

I am glad that you liked the newly renovated rooms, fitness center, breakfast and our swimming pool.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent service, will return there in future. Convenient to both Washington DC and Annapolis, just off Highway 50. Good restaurants within walking distance. The hotel staff is always courteous and responsive. Given a choice in the DC area with a car available, this location gives easy access to most locations in the Capital Region without the hassles of parking and traffic found in most for the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Troy T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend Hampton Inn Bowie

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit so much!

I will share your compliments with our entire team. They will be very proud to hear that you gave our hotel, guestrooms, location, and service such high scores.

All the Best,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel was under construction and the staff did not seem to care about this, just kept saying that they were making it a better hotel. during my stay the workers worked 24/7 and that meant they used hammers and such on the upper floors while guest tried to sleep. the breakfast was cold and not good quality I would only eat the cold cereal. the rooms had very few outlets for power and the work desk had no lamp, the bathroom was small and the soap dish would not even hold the soap on it. would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Murray H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your experience with us.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We do appreciate receiving feedback from our customers as it helps us maintain and enhance our service standard. Please be assured that we will take the necessary actions to correct your observations.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I generally prefer to stay at Hampton Inns because they are typically of good quality. This one is the worst I've ever checked into. The ice/vending rooms smell of mildew and mold, the room carpets are dirty and stained, I had to kill several beetles, gnats and other flying bugs, the tub was disgusting and had a tacky/flimsy bath mat glued to the bottom in a failed attempt to cover the dirt and rust stains. I didn't want to step into it to take a shower. I can't imagine sitting in that tub to take a bath. The room had no microwave.
i was charged $129 +tax per night. Maybe the room was worth $75.
Never again. Buyer think twice.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kalin01
Tamer E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowie, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Kalin01,

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your experience with us, and I sincerely apologize that the service and quality you received was below our standards.

We are currently undergoing a complete hotel renovation for guest rooms, lobby, vending machine areas and fitness center. this renovation project will be completed by the end of November 2013.
We will also install a microwave and a fridge in all new rooms.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you are visiting BOWIE in the future, as I would like an opportunity to ensure you receive our great service that we strive to offer to every guest.

All the Best,

Tamer Elattar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Best Western Annapolis
Best Western Annapolis
#15 of 20 in Annapolis
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!