“Not great when lacrosse events are in town”
Review of Hampton Inn Bowie

Hampton Inn Bowie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and were definitely NOT prepared for the 100+ tweens running up and down the halls screaming at all hours - and largely unsupervised. I think the hotel has a responsibility to maintain PEACE or at least warn potential guests about the presence of a large number of inadequately supervised kids. I'm a middle school/high school teacher and a mom, I know kids make noise, and I am pretty low key about it. BUT hotel hallways are not racetracks, particularly not between the hours of 11pm and 6am. On a room note- the AC in our room was only marginally functional and cycled on and off about every 3 minutes- it was quite annoying.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was very disappointed with the service, my check-in process, and unhappy that I had to disgard several bugs which were entering my room through the ari conditioner. As a Hilton brand, I was very disappointed. I arrived one hour before the check-in time and I was told that my King size room was not ready. I was offered a much smaller room. After I declined the offer, I was told that a room across from the smaller room I was offered was a King size room. Why did I have to go through all of that run around it a room like the one I selected and pre-paid for weeks ahead was available. I came in from out of town so I went off the the Hilton name. Never again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My rooms were prepaid. My flight was cancelled and the airline was going to reimburse me but the staff told them I only paid for one room. Now I will have to fight them for the second room reimbursement. Then, 2 days after checkout they charged me again for my rooms...or someone else's room. Now I have to worry that someone (staff or otherwise) has my credit card.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you are in the area, you cant go wrong with this place. It is quiet, clean and close to the shopping center. The free breakfast is good with coffee all day long. We visit family in the area and every time, we stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is under construction as of 4/23/13. Other than construction issues, it is a great stay. Rooms were clean, staff is helpful and the breakfast is very good. Not too far from DC or Annapolis and shopping is within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, including 2 during my trip April 10th - 14th, We stayed down by the airport the 10th & 11th it was more convenient picking up wedding guests, with time to kill between flights I took a ride over to the Hampton Inn where I was staying on the 12th & 13th. I was greeted by Miss Vivian, who was warm and very helpful assisting my navigation in the Bowie area, She told me Frederick would be the Front desk agent upon my actual check in the following day.
When I did actually arrive on the 12th, Frederick went out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed to prepare for my son's wedding the following day.
This leg of my trip was by far the best. I am an executive chef at a hotel in Tampa, FL, Our front desk agents should take lessons from Miss Viv and Freddy! Their degree of customer service was just outstanding!
I have lived through hotel renovations and I know 1st hand how daunting it can be, but my room was great, very spacious, plenty of fresh towels, anything I needed the housekeeping staff was right on top of any issues that arose.
I would definitely return to your hotel!
Thank you very much for making my stay enjoyable!
Elizabeth A. Weidler
Tampa, FL

Room Tip: My room was great, there was no noise, the AC was perfect
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eaweidler
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family and I had to stay at this hotel last minute. I'm originally from Maryland so I'm familiar with the area. The Bowie area is nice. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to popular restaurants, there's a mall 5-10 minutes walking from the hotel, and a movie theater, literally, a stone's throw away.

First off, when I checked in they had me down for a smoking room. No big deal, the gentleman at the counter fixed it and gave us non-smoking. I go to check the room out first before unloading the car and what do I find? People in the room... It was pretty late, almost 11pm and it was dark in there, but they were loud... Good thing I didn't have my luggage and 10 year old daughter with me. The guy looked stunned when I reported this and he gave me another room.

This room was much better considering there wasn't a couple in bed upon arrival. But the beds had lumps in the comforter. How this happened I don't know, maybe from too many washes. But it provides no warmth.

Second, and perhaps the biggest gripe I had with this hotel was the bathroom. It was NASTY. The tub had brown stains that weren't really stains because they were easily wiped up... ugh. The drain had terrible rust all around it. Moving over to the sink there was green goo oozing down the wall.

On Saturday morning I went to the desk to extend our stay one more night (we couldn't find another hotel cheap at the last minute.) I noticed a sign that said "Clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, if you're not satisfied we don't expect you to pay. That's your guarantee". I asked the guy if that was a joke because my room was filthy. He said, "No it's not a joke, I mean it can't be anything frivolous, but it's not a joke." So I explained my problems with the room. Mainly the bathroom. He wrote them down and said he would give it to the manager.

Well the day went by, onto the next day, and no one contacted me. When i went to check out with the General Manager, I totally expected him to say something about the room. Nothing. I then called customer care about the situation, it took over a week to finally get the situation recognized by the company. I then get an e-mail from Hatice Meral apologizing and offering me a complimentary one night stay.

Why would I want to stay at that same hotel again?! Maybe a voucher for a different hotel, but certainly not that one.

Don't be mislead by their guarantee. It just simply means you'll get a voucher for the same terrible place for one night regardless of how many nights you stayed before.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!