“Bowie Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Bowie Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hotel is need of renovation however my stay was pleasant. Service desk was excellent (Frederick) provided excellent customer service. The fitness center, first floor ice and vending and lobby bathrooms were closed for renovations. Our King room was clean except rust around the drain. The wooden bath vanity was stained but the sink area was clean. The breakfast was just okay. They had eggs and hash browns and they didn't look too appetizing. The rest was fine and but pretty standard. Again, the staff we encountered was very nice and helpful. All in all, I would stay there again but would hope that the renovations would continue.
Many stores and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Bowie Md for one night when traveling on business. As others have indicated, the hotel is in some need to updating. It is an older hotel and looks very tired. Renovations have begun as is on indicated on the Hilton website. When we checked in, Frederick was at the front desk and very nice. He was a busy guy as he was the only employee on duty. The fitness center, first floor ice and vending and lobby bathrooms were closed for renovations. We had to go to another floor to get ice. Our King room was clean except for mold around the tub. The wooden bath vanity was stained but the sink area was clean The tissue box holder was broken leaving a hole in the cabinet. Yes, the duvet was very lumpy and the bed made in a sloppy way.

The breakfast was just okay . They had eggs and hash browns and they didn't look too appetizing. The rest was fine and but pretty standard.

Again, the staff we encountered was very nice and helpful. We had to store our luggage for a short while and they helped with that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
North East, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stay in hotels quite a bit for weekend outings since mom lives a little over an hour away. We use Priceline, etc to book, but this is by far the worst room we have had so far. Not the the room was not clean because it was, the issue was the thin walls. When you can hear x-rated noise from the next room, walls too thin.
Compared to Comfort Inn just a mile away and $15 more I think I would spend it for better construction and full breakfast. Not to mention we paid for two nights and after the fist night they asked was I sure I paid for two night, for my key did not work when returning to hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Khall102
Sicklerville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

3 rooms in 2 nights. 1st one had hair in sink, on floor and the toilet had NOT been cleaned so they gave me a second one. This one had a huge rust ring around the tub drain and dried urine at the base of the toilet. There were a few hairs on bathroom floor as well. (I had Lysol with me and put towels on the floor to walk on, as it was really late and I needed sleep). The refrigerator knobs were off, so my items froze.
Next day, they gave my room a "deep clean" and it was acceptable until high winds that night made it impossible to sleep since there was something rattling on the roof above me. 3rd room was "clean" however the comforter had about 15 LUMPS in it! The filler had clumped together so much that there was NOTHING between most of the lining which made me ask for a new comforter (they did not have one) so took a blanket instead! CRAZY! In the end, they took $55 off of 2 nights even though their sign said, "If you're not happy we don't expect you to pay."

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Galesburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was confused after reading all of the negative reviews on here because mine was so positive. I even went back to make sure there wasn't more than one Hampton Inn in Bowie! The hotel room was exceptionally clean, and I was given a room upgrade without asking. Nothing bad to say, but I would keep the other reviews in mind, too :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Catonsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a regular Hampton Inn guest, I was expecting my room selection as identified on my profile. It was not available, nor was a Hilton Honors room upgrade available. The front desk staff were not at all helpful. I was 'guaranteed' late check-out (2 p.m.) by using my AARP membership, but housekeeping knocked on the door twice before 12 p.m. (the stated check-out time). I called the front desk to remind them of my late check-out, and housekeeping knocked an additional two times. Though this hotel is very conveniently located (mall, movie theater, lots of restaurants), I will not chose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here... booking Hilton brand and after NOT reviewing in TripAdvisor in advance. A mistake. Booked a 2 day business stay. Rate was 98 usd and 126 usd respectively. Over a weekend.
On arrival.. asked to check in a few hours early. Answer - NO.
On departure - asked for a few hours later. Answer - NO. Told them I was Hilton Honors, ok, but full rate for 2 hours extended stay. Guest Service.. yes, but on only their terms. And the hotel was not 20% of capacity on any day.
Young adults hanging around front of hotel.. going to neighbor theater I assume, but giving the impression of checking out all guests AND vehicles. ALSO SNEAKING IN TO THE GUEST ROOMS FROM THE SIDE DOORS.
Rooms were fine other than dated and areas not properly maintained or cleaned. My wife and son booked a separate room to surprise me with a visit.. their room was 150 USD! Waste can was not emptied and teh neghbor rooms were occupied by young adults/sneaking into the hotel.. NOT SECURITY.
I noted a mat in my tub, see photo. A cosmetic mat to hide the rusting and decaying tub.
Walked the grounds for some fresh air in the morning, and trash on the property, just not where you can see it from the entry. Definitely NOT Hilton or Hampton Inn. Book elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TrvlgMan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!