“If you like cleanliness, stay away from this one!”
Review of Hampton Inn Bowie

Hampton Inn Bowie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed February 12, 2013

3 rooms in 2 nights. 1st one had hair in sink, on floor and the toilet had NOT been cleaned so they gave me a second one. This one had a huge rust ring around the tub drain and dried urine at the base of the toilet. There were a few hairs on bathroom floor as well. (I had Lysol with me and put towels on the floor to walk on, as it was really late and I needed sleep). The refrigerator knobs were off, so my items froze.
Next day, they gave my room a "deep clean" and it was acceptable until high winds that night made it impossible to sleep since there was something rattling on the roof above me. 3rd room was "clean" however the comforter had about 15 LUMPS in it! The filler had clumped together so much that there was NOTHING between most of the lining which made me ask for a new comforter (they did not have one) so took a blanket instead! CRAZY! In the end, they took $55 off of 2 nights even though their sign said, "If you're not happy we don't expect you to pay."

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was confused after reading all of the negative reviews on here because mine was so positive. I even went back to make sure there wasn't more than one Hampton Inn in Bowie! The hotel room was exceptionally clean, and I was given a room upgrade without asking. Nothing bad to say, but I would keep the other reviews in mind, too :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a regular Hampton Inn guest, I was expecting my room selection as identified on my profile. It was not available, nor was a Hilton Honors room upgrade available. The front desk staff were not at all helpful. I was 'guaranteed' late check-out (2 p.m.) by using my AARP membership, but housekeeping knocked on the door twice before 12 p.m. (the stated check-out time). I called the front desk to remind them of my late check-out, and housekeeping knocked an additional two times. Though this hotel is very conveniently located (mall, movie theater, lots of restaurants), I will not chose to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here... booking Hilton brand and after NOT reviewing in TripAdvisor in advance. A mistake. Booked a 2 day business stay. Rate was 98 usd and 126 usd respectively. Over a weekend.
On arrival.. asked to check in a few hours early. Answer - NO.
On departure - asked for a few hours later. Answer - NO. Told them I was Hilton Honors, ok, but full rate for 2 hours extended stay. Guest Service.. yes, but on only their terms. And the hotel was not 20% of capacity on any day.
Young adults hanging around front of hotel.. going to neighbor theater I assume, but giving the impression of checking out all guests AND vehicles. ALSO SNEAKING IN TO THE GUEST ROOMS FROM THE SIDE DOORS.
Rooms were fine other than dated and areas not properly maintained or cleaned. My wife and son booked a separate room to surprise me with a visit.. their room was 150 USD! Waste can was not emptied and teh neghbor rooms were occupied by young adults/sneaking into the hotel.. NOT SECURITY.
I noted a mat in my tub, see photo. A cosmetic mat to hide the rusting and decaying tub.
Walked the grounds for some fresh air in the morning, and trash on the property, just not where you can see it from the entry. Definitely NOT Hilton or Hampton Inn. Book elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TrvlgMan
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is a joke. I will advise people not to go here. They had beg bugs and very dirty rooms. My first few days it was a heavy frame spanish good who didnt speak any english at all. They breakfast was gross there was no meat . Then for new years it was a sweet young African American little girl who was very helpful and she gave us meat and eggs. She helped me with the computer and refilled my family drinks and another small group. The front desk lady was nice she looked Ethiopian. There was a black lady name Bob who was helpful as well. The housekeeping cleaning skills are ridiculous. I will NEVER ALLOW ANYONE I KNOW TO GO HERE.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Check-in was fine and rooms are what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Now for what you typically would not expect.
Cleanliness- Just because a hotel is older is no excuse for being dirty.
Hairs- they were all over the bathroom, including around the sink.
I lifted the toilet seat and the bottom was soiled from a previous guest.
Maids- I worked overnight while I stayed here so I slept (or tried to) during the day. I had the 'quiet please' placard on the door, as did the person in the room directly across from me. That didn't stop the maids from being loud. They use the latch on the inside to keep the doors from closing all the way. That in itself is not an issue, but they would constantly let the door slam and bounce 3-4 times on that latch. And they did this on rooms directly next to the 'DO NOT DISTURB' rooms.
Breakfast was a joke. I like to eat eggs and bacon or sausage. The only 'hot food' was gravy and breakfast potatoes. I asked the girl if they were going to make any eggs or meats. She said "I'm not sure if they'll make that today or not". That was it. She never offered to find out for sure or anything. When I travel back here I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is not up to par with the quality I expect from Hampton Inns. The front desk staff on the night of my arrival was a very nice man, but that did not compensate for the horrible hotel. It is dirty, the phone is not working, my colleague has mold in her tub, the beds were not made, I asked for a wake up call which came at the wrong time. I think you can stay elsewhere and have a nicer stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowie
Comfort Inn Conference Center
TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Annapolis, MD
10 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C

Been to Hampton Inn Bowie? Share your experiences!