“Best Asian Food in Bowie”

Ichiban Sushi Asian Bistro
Ranked #12 of 134 Restaurants in Bowie
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'm not sure where SEKG1019 went, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Ichiban as it is not a new place (I've been going there since the mall opened more than four years ago). Also, Tsmith forgot to state that each 'sushi roll' has 8 pieces.
I go here at least twice a month because it is the best and freshest Sushi and Chinese food in the area. I have given their competition a try on more than one occasion but feel that none of the restaurants serve food that is as fresh as Ichibans. The vegetables are still crunchy, the meat not dried out, and the fish not slimy like I get at other local places that shall remain nameless.
The customer service is impeccable, the freshness and quality of the food is superb, and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing.

Date of visit: August 2011
1  Thank dahkota

Reviewed May 30, 2011

THIS MESSAGE IS MEANT FOR THE ICHIBAN SUSHI ASIAN BISTRO AND NOT THE EAST MOON ASIAN BISTRO. I WROTE A REVIEW AND PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING FOR THE WRONG RESTAURANT. EAST MOON ASIAN BISTRO IS GREAT!

Recently, after a long day at work, I decided to try a new place in the neighborhood for a Chinese takeout. I ordered a $65.00 meal and was SO DISAPPOINTED when my family sat for dinner. I ordered spring rolls which were so greasy they were inedible. My husband who enjoys a good crusted snapper, threw his in trash, the largest piece of the fish was the head, which was accompanied by crusted and fried skeletal bone....there was no flesh...just head and bones! I also ordered steamed vegs which were overcooked and pad thai. The noodles were stuck together, so dry, couldn't find the shrimp, after one spoonful, it went in the trash. The General Tsao's chicken was average; I've had much better. We ended up eating turkey burgers and peanut butter and jelly. Next time, I will go to my fav, Royal Jade in Greenbelt, the East Moon Asian Bistro or Grace's!

Date of visit: May 2011
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have been here 4 times over a 2 year time span. They recently remodeled and the new decor is nice, but I'm assuming thats why their food is so expensive. I really wanted some sushi so I went be myself one night. It was $30 for miso soup, 2 sushi rolls and a soda. The food is good but not that good. Service is hit miss. I've had good service 2:4 times I've been there.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I am surprised there aren't other reviews. I've been a loyal customer since before they expanded and remodeled. Most of my favorites there are $10 - $15, but last night I tried the filet and grilled shrimp. The filet was bacon wrapped and surrounded by portobello mushrooms and a little sauteed onion, in a great brown sauce. I've only been to Ruth's Chris once, and this steak was every bit as good as theirs. Served with a formed cylinder shaped serving of avocado, fruit and tomato. The fruit was light green to colorless (melon?) and was a great contrast to the avocado. Shrimp were good, except one may have been a little overcooked, but after the avocado tower, I was too happy to care. Atmosphere is beautiful. Reds, oranges, comfortable chairs and tables. Service is outstanding. This dinner was their priciest at $27, but worth every single penny.

Date of visit: April 2011