“New Management, NOT SO GREAT ANYMORE”
Review of Monterey Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Monterey Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 14, 2010

So, Pedro is gone...boooo!!!!There is a new manager booo!! and the changes are:
Food is still good but you are given much smaller portions
Everything on the menu is more expensive
Service isn't so good anymore, it really depends on who you get, the men are better.
Now it's pretty average, nothing really special anymore. Too bad!....guess nothing lasts forever.

I don't go there every week like I used to, now it's every now and again when I REALLY need a Mexican dish fix. its just not "comfortable" anymore, its more of a chain whereas before, it was more of a neighborhood mom & pop, everyone was friendly, wanted to know what was going on, how was the family......I know it was always a chain, it just didn't feel like it, now it definitely does.

1  Thank boo2U

Reviewed August 19, 2009

I cannot say enough about this place. You can always get a seat pretty quickly, the service is fast and friendly and the food is good. The food is not Mexican per say, it is TexMex. The waiters are super nice and they will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. I go all the time on the weekends after church and order my favorite breakfast, chorizo con huevo. It’s not even on the menu and they make it up for me. The chorizo (Mexican sausage) is just like home, (San Antonio, TX) I love it! The food is good and the price is right. Chorizo con huevo (Mexican sausage and egg) that includes rice and beans and tortillas with 2 Baileys coffees, cost:$22.75 Also, Pedro is the best when it comes to Margaritas and Pina Coladas, all the waiters make their own drinks, so if you want a great Margarita Gold (they call them Margarita Texana) or a slamming Pina Colada, ask Pedro to make it. You will love it there!... I do,

Reviewed August 8, 2009

My driving party stopped at this restaurant on our way back to Richmond from DC. We'd gotten off 95 to avoid the traffic jam(s), and were starving. We were initially bummed that we would have to resort to a fast food chain, but we saw the Monterrey sign shining up from behind the W--- burger joint. We decided to take a chance on the place, and were so happy we did. I enjoyed a fresh margarita (I was a passenger in the car) while we waited for our food. I had the mole enchiladas, and enjoyed every bite. The flavors were great, and everything was cooked well (not under- or over-). The waitstaff was happy that we spoke a few words of Spanish, but they were nice to everyone. The atmosphere was bright (but not garish) and the place was clean, and it was a lovely rest stop for us.