“Good Food”

Jerry's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Bowie
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For more than 30 years, Jerry's Seafood has been serving the Washington D.C. area with it's famous crab bomb, crab cakes, fresh fish, homemade soups and other gourmet seafood delights. Jerry's has 1 location in Bowie, Maryland.
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Jerry's has an item called the "the Crab Bomb". It is very good and plentiful. The cream of crab soup is really good as well. Be willing to pay at least $45 for your meal but it is worth it.

• Visited January 2014

“Great Crab Cakes”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Go there for the crab bomb. It's not cheap but worth going at least once. Atmosphere is pretty basic. They have a bar with flat screens and an open seating layout. Expect a wait in the evenings. Call ahead since I don't think they take reservations. Best time is Lunch during the week, to skip the crowds.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Seafood”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Jerry's has very good seafood but is slightly pricey. The "Crab Bomb" is always delicious and since it is quite large it can be shared to keep costs in check. We enjoy celebrating special events at Jerry's but it would not be our go to family restaurant. The children likely would not appreciate the seafood and that is such a waste, especially at these prices.

• Visited November 2013
Darnestown, MD
“This would be my last meal”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Jerry's has the BEST cream of crab soup anywhere (and as a Marylander I eat it everywhere). It has a lovely texture, spice, and lots and lots of crab meat. We just HAVE to take additional orders of the soup to take home. The Crab Bomb puts any crab cake I've ever had to shame (see the Marylander comment above). There is just enough creamy spice to hold it together - get it broiled not fried. I can only eat half and I bring the rest home to either heat up or use in an omelet. Should I talk about the fresh salad and homemade bleu cheese dressing (by the way bring a shovel the dressing is THAT thick). The rolls and even the butter is just to die for. We went for my birthday so I actually left room for dessert and we had the 6-layer chocolate cake. Please make room for the cake - even if it means taking home leftovers. And last but certainly NOT least we had a terrific server. Her name is Yvette H. and she was all smiles and helpfulness for our entire dinner. We'd ask for her again on our next visit. The only drawback is the price. We can only afford to go their for special occasions but I wish we could go there more often. Jerry's would be a good reason to win the lottery.

• Visited March 2014
Bowie, Maryland
“Great Seafood but a bit pricey”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This place was very good and the service was excellent. The Crab Bomb was very tasty and a very good crab cake. The Beer Battered Jumbo Shrimp was also very good and the shrimp were huge. Jumbo is an applicable name which is often not the case. The Cream of Crab Soup is very good although not the best I have tasted. It does have huge chunks of crab in the soup. The menu is a little on the pricey side and they do not have a kids menu.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Jerry's Seafood? Share your experiences!