“Crab cake extraordinaire”

Jerry's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Bowie
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For more than 30 years, Jerry's Seafood has been serving the Washington D.C. area with it's famous crab bomb, crab cakes, fresh fish, homemade soups and other gourmet seafood delights. Jerry's has 1 location in Bowie, Maryland.
Crofton, Maryland, United States
“Crab cake extraordinaire”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Maryland is the land of Crab Cakes and some places are certainly better than others. At the top of the pile is this little out of the way joint called Jerry's Seafood. Is it good? just look at the lines! Since it is NOT right around the corner for most, something brings out the folks. What is it that does that? The Crab Bomb----their signature Crab Cake.It is NOT inexpensive, but after the first bite you'll why it costs what it does. Rather than the typical Crab Cake, that often looks like the crab had been on a diet, the Bomb is the Sumo Wrestler of Crabs. I did NOT detect the filler that someone else referenced in a review, so I can only hope that was an 'off' night.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank George P

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Seafood At it's Finest”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Jerry's Seafood in Bowie, Maryland is the epitome of great tasting plentiful seafood!! The food is excellent and so much REAL CRAB MEAT! The service was friendly, fast and professional. They staff was accommodating and made us feel welcome from entry. Two thumbs up !!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wendy R
Lanham, Maryland
“Crab Bomb used to be good, but Jerry's is slacking. The crab bomb is now being filled with a cheaper crab meat w/lumb.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The price of the crab bomb in the past was not a matter of concern because it was the bomb, no filler, but now they have started to place backfin crab meat in with the lumb crab meat. I have experienced the crab bomb being overcooked and not as enjoyable. Jerry's Seafood has been given too much hype, it is time for me to change my location to another place for dining this time. First, it was Jerry's Seafood in Lanham, Md, then I decided to try the one in Bowie, Md once they opened. In the beginning it was nice, now it is not enjoyable so I can agree with others that the cost is too pricey. Food, if good, cost does not matter. No longer a CRAB BOMB fan. By the way, teach the waiters how to handle food and drinks properly when delievering to the table, not have their hands over someones meal or drink that they are about to consume, NASTY.

• Visited August 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“OMG”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I wish we had money and time left to stop on the way back.... We stayed overnight in Bowie on our way to VA. I found Jerry's on tripadvisor. I tossed back and forth about paying for the Crab Bomb (junior 26$/ regular 39$). My husband I stopped for lunch (same price by the way) and decided to split one. We also had fresh hot rolls and salad. Expensive, but I would do it again!. We ate a lot of crab on our travels and this was the BEST crab cake either of us ever had. BTW - we had the fire cracker version, which was spicier... YUM... I still cant figure out how they held it together - very moist and no filler --- really...

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank MonieB
Dayton, Ohio
“This is the Bomb!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything is homemade and extremely GOOD! There are traditional seafood items as well as the home of the Crab Bomb. The salads are made of romaine,not iceberg with homemade dressings. The stewed tomatoes are Grandma Gainey's creation but not that different just a little sweeter than most. The homemade rolls are really good with real butter! The shrimp stuffed with crab imperial was huge,there were three, the pan seared scallops in garlic butter were enough for 3 people and the crab bisque soup was tasty. It's very pricey but worth it. Prices range from $26.00 to $39.00 for entrees,appetizers from $8.00 to $24.00, salads $6.00 - more if meat/ fish is added,desserts $6.50,they also have sandwiches at $12.00 and $15.00. They also offer filet mignon,the only beef on the menu. Worth the visit for sure. Our server was Kym and she was great!

Visited July 2013