“Always Welcome!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MD Rt. 450
Reviewed November 12, 2018

I am white and most of the patrons at Half Note Lounge are African American. I might feel out of place in similar places. However, I always feel very warm and welcomed there. The food and the service are okay. The fun atmosphere and warm welcome are what make me go back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I finally made it to the Sunday brunch and i was disappointed. The food was just ok. Some was over cooked. I didnt have the omelet i probably should of just went to that station. Not worth the money, but they do provide plenty of food. But if you want live music Fri or Saturday is the place. Always a good time!!!!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

This is one of my go to spots for cocktails, good food and live music. The bands are always fantastic. Its such a nice, chill spot to relax after a long week. Try the buffet too on the weekends. So good:)

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

One of the most embarrassing incidents I've had as a customer....I walk in Half Note on a Thursday to eat and watch a band play. As I'm at the bar, I get a menu and look for seating (I have two women on the way to meet me). There are no seats anywhere for them. So I go back to the Hostess to ask for a table in the dining room area. She(hostess) straight up ignores me and proceeds to ask the Door man about the shoes I'm wearing. He(doorman) then says they are not acceptable. So I said I can't order my food now? He(doorman) said yes, and stated I had to leave. Mine you there are other men in the with sneakers, T-shirts and Boots on I seen with my own eyes. Now the manager is involved. She states she doesn't care about the other men who were "not meeting the dress code", just the fact I had on sneakers. The manager stated I had to leave and couldn't order my food. I've never felt so disrespected in my life at a restaurant! I know they cater to an order crowd and I look younger than my age, but that was outright discrimination on the way I look. The older men that were in T-shirts and boots did not have to leave. Unbelievable!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Bpng7
Reviewed January 29, 2018

My family and I went to Half Note on a Thursday evening (1/18/18). We decided to meet for dinner before the band came on. I began to have an allergic reaction to the food. I wasn't quite sure what the issue was so my family suggested I take a few more bites - which I did. We finally called over the manager. I would say that about 1/4 of the meal was eaten. Instead of being apologetic about my issue she was nasty. I was given a menu and I decided to order some wings just to be safe. When we received our bill instead of crediting the whole meal the manager charged me half price for the original dish that I was allergic to and full price for the wings. I understand that folks are in the business of making money. Collectively we had already spent $300 (on drinks and 3 other meals). Would it have killed the manager to comp the $10 wings? People are so short sighted or better yet, poorly trained. She could have increased our loyalty by simply acting like she cared. Other than that, the food was "just okay" and the all girl band was awesome. My suggestion to the owner - fire the manager. I am sure he knows exactly who I am talking about.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank nicolemneal

Been to Half Note Lounge? Share your experiences!