“Expensive, but good”
Review of Best Pie Company

Best Pie Company
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Bowie
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Took a wild chance that there would be at least one Mince Pie. There was! Very few places sell this pie in the MD, PA, VA, DC area. Plus just a great day for a drive even if there hadn't been a pie. It is good, but $30? Far too much money for such a simple pie. Crust is good. Filling a little too boozy, but good. Better pie available for under $20, but not in this area. So, definitely need to be in the mood to splurge. Sherman was not grumpy and has the most incredible complexion!

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I had and always get the Apple caramel. They pies are big and delicious. I wish Shaunte would have tried the pies but I guess folks can't handle grumpy Sherman as we affectionately call him.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We checked this place out because it had some great reviews. We came by with conservative expectations, but we were extremely impressed. It is honestly the best pie we've ever had. We ordered the caramel apple with some pecans on top. It was relatively expensive ($26) but absolutely worth the money. Highly recommended and we will surely be coming back soon. I just wish they would do delivery.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

There is never a special event, holiday, or celebration without one or two pies from Best Pies. The only problem we have is that family members all have their favorites as do we and we never get everyone's choice. The apple pies are scrumptious as are peach, pumpkin, pecan and sweet potato. When we call, Sherman knows us and our favorites but when ordering a new flavor, he allows you to customize your order (sugar free, more of one type of fruit in some pie choices). The pies are expensive but are baked to your personal order and picked up fresh and warm. My husband is a consummate pie afficienado, and I have never made a pie totally with a made from scratch. With Best Pie, he is happy and I can enjoy a slice of pie without all the work involved. Be advised, this is pretty much a one person enterprise and during holiday seasons, call ahead to order. You can stop in to select what is available, but we prefer to order a few days ahead.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Their pies are the best. Chocolate is my favorite and I have never run into surly service or problems taking my credit cards. The lemon is my wife's favorite. We buy them for special occasions.

Been to Best Pie Company? Share your experiences!