All reviews equestrian room soaking tub innkeepers property farmhouse maryland
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Stoney Creek for two nights and loved it so much we were about ready to move in with the owners by the time we checked out! The B&B is a short drive from DC and just a few miles away from the Civil War battlefield at Antietam (the purpose of our trip). There are only four guest rooms, and each has a theme. For our visit we stayed in the Equestrian Room, which is in the original part of the home, and it was just gorgeous all the way around. The entire property is immaculately maintained, with stunning views of the pastoral countryside from every window. In the mornings my husband and I hung out sipping coffee with the owners' small, friendly dogs and felt like part of the family.

Breakfast at Stoney Creek deserves its own paragraph because it was downright decadent! The first morning we had a two-course breakfast where the first course consisted of fresh, cut up fruit and the second course was a modified Eggs Benedict with baked oatmeal on the side. Delish and beautifully presented!! The second morning we had a lovely fresh fruit salad first course and then the most amazing blueberry pancakes I've ever had in my life! David, if you ever read this please know I will love you forever for those pancakes. My mouth is watering as I type this. Yum, yum, yum!

Shepherdstown, WV is the largest town nearby (about 20 mins. away), and Denise, the Innkeeper, called and made dinner reservations for us at a nice Thai restaurant there. Shepherdstown has lots of trendy little shops and restaurants on the main drag, but unfortunately when we arrived for dinner at 7 pm all the stores had shut down for the night. So... make a note that if you're looking for shopping you'll have to get to town during the day!

Stoney Creek is by far the best B&B I've every stayed at. Truly, I cannot say enough good things. Steven, David and Denise have thought of everything to make their guests feel welcome, comfortable and pampered. If you're ever looking for a quiet getaway from the frenetic pace of everyday life, stay here! My husband and I will certainly go back again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank claire22310
Reviewed July 5, 2009

If you want a romantic and peaceful B&B, this is the place for you. David was extremely accomodating with our early breakfast request (he said he gets up early anyway). You will not leave hungry. Their 5pm wine & cheese spread was a great way to relax after a busy day. The dogs, Jack and Jill, are very friendly. When my wife and I explored the grounds, Jack led the way.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2008

This bed & breakfast is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are gorgeously decorated, and the atrium and living rooms are breathtaking – high ceilings, light filled rooms, tasteful antiques, comfortable and elegant furniture, romantic Victorian chandeliers. The innkeepers are kind and attentive and truly welcome guests into their home, with fresh-baked cookies and soups, room amenities, and assistance with reservations. The grounds are gorgeous, with a horse stable and hundreds of acres for hiking or riding on the property. I highly recommend reserving a horseback riding experience, which is perfect for both beginners and experts and takes you through a winding forest with lovely views on the property. We hope to return soon!

Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanderinggeorge
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Stoney Creek Farm was amazing! The bed and breakfast is just a short drive from where we live in Washington, DC, but it seemed like it was hours away.

The food was great--wine and cheese in the afternoon, breakfast in the morning, and baked goods all day long. Denise, the inn keeper, was lovely. The bedrooms and bathrooms were spacious and clean and the beds were super comfortable. The on-site restaurant looked fantastic, just remember to make your reservations ahead of time. And if you, gulp, need to access the Internet while you are there, Stoney Creek Farm has Wi-Fi (I checked on some sports scores while my wife was in the shower).

And there's plenty to do if you leave the farm's grounds. The Antietam battlefield is nearby, as are some good bars and restaurants.

It's truly a perfect getaway from the hectic pace of DC.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Z_Everson