All reviews equestrian room empire room great room soaking tub b bs anniversary weekend we've stayed hosts wv farmhouse shepardstown
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here in May for a golf/battlefield weekend getaway with 2 other couples. The Empire Room was roomy with a lovely bath off the "porch". The room is upstairs with the original farmhouse porch now an interior balcony overlooking the kitchen and living room. The entire section is all part of the guest room. All the rooms are unique and spacious. One couple stayed on the main level with a parlor just outside their door. The other 2 rooms are accessed by a 2nd staircase.

The living space is gorgeous and so relaxing. We were encouraged to feel at home by Denise and her husband who couldn't have been nicer. We were served breakfast each morning in the dining room and the food was sinfully delicious.

The grounds were also great. We poked around the colonial era spring house, walked up the hill to feed the horses apples and sat out on the patio before going to dinner.

There is no doubt we will be back again.

Golf tip - we thoroughly enjoyed Musket Ridge and Whiskey Creek.

Dining is a bit more challenging - Bistro 112 in Shepherdstown was fun and the Old South Mountain Inn in Boonsboro was average.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank wineNsun
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Only 50 minutes from the DC area, this is a wonderful place to just relax! Close to charming Shepherdstown, historic sites and parks, it's also just as appealing to lounge in the gazebo, play with the dogs, walk the grounds, play the piano in the great room or swing on the porch. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated, the breakfasts are always delicious (pecan caramel french toast is one of our favorites), and the owner and innkeepers are helpful, attentive and will do everything to make you feel at home. We've been there many times and plan to escape there again.

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank bsmdsi
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This place is so wonderful. From the babbling brook to the friendly dogs to the spectacular breakfast I just can't say enough positive things. I came here during a stressful time in my life and was completely rejuvenated. Thank you for such a great experience.

Room tip: They're all great but I especially love the equestrian room.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2012

As I am approaching the anniversary of my wedding at Stoney Creek Farm, I often think back and reflect on what an amazing experience it was, all due to the hard working, kind and wonderful people there and the magic that is Stoney Creek Farm. We were so lucky to have had that experience! Everything went as smooth as my husband and I could have hoped for. The staff worked seamlessly with our various vendors such as caterers, photographers and musicians and you could tell they had incredible rapport with the community surrounding them. On top of our amazing wedding experience, this Bed and Breakfast is a dream and not like the typical B&B's we've stayed at across the country. This one is top-notch from the furnishings, to the linens, to the special evening treats and of course, the staff. This is truly a very special place and those who have not experienced it are missing out! I really cannot say enough. We hope to be back soon!

Room tip: You can't go wrong with any of them! The Empire Room is probably my favorite. The Equestrian room is the most private from the rest of the house. They all have a little something special.
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The most amazing weekend! Delicious breakfast and treated like family. Everything was spotless and beautiful. Wonderful relaxing escape. #1 Bed and Breakfast!!
Susan and Bob K