All reviews equestrian room soaking tub innkeepers property farmhouse maryland
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We had a wonderful weekend during a very unexpected snowstorm. Our hosts were so gracious and warm. They greeted us with open arms and were helpful bringing in our bags. The farm is a beautiful, restored 200+ year old structure. The integrity ot the property has been preserved, including original glass panes, gorgeous wood floors and many original hardware features. We had a lovely room adjacent to a dear sitting area, complete with a gas fireplace and nice spot to prop our feet and read.
The entire staff are ready and willing to suggest area activities, sites and restaurants. We had a very unexpected Octsnowber storm. This gave the entire property a beautiful blanket of white on all the surrounding trees and pastures. The weather did prevent us from venturing too far, but not to worry. We were well cared for in our cozy inn. There were fresh cookies both nights, a fully stocked soda and water fridge. We had wine, cheeses, crackers and fruit at 5pm.
We met lovely other guests who also were looking for a quiet escape from the city.
We do not understand the previous review. Yes, there are 3 dear Jack Russell terriers on the property. They will even cuddle in your lap, if you allow them. The innkeepers will also keep the dogs away,if you have any issues ( we did not ). As you might expect on a farm, the pets do run in the meadows, but there was no sign of any problems for us.
The farmhouse is clean, warm and has all the modern amenities that you can think of.
We have made new friends and would recommend this spot to anyone. You won't be sorry.
We are full and happy after two yummy breakfasts. What more could you ask for.
We slept like babies and found it hard to leave. Thanks to Denise, David and Steve for such a fine way to celebrate a family birthday. A true memory for us.

Room Tip: They are all lovely..
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Located about 90 min from DC in rural MD, an easy drive to historic sites and decent restaurants, as well as outlet stores. Quiet. Old farm house renovated to show off farmland views. Just the right mix of friendly and respectful of privacy. 4 well appointed bedrooms. Super comfy bed. Yummy breakfasts. Highly recommended. Also gay friendly if that is important to you.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The hosts (including the adorable dogs) were wonderful and made us feel like family - not merely guests. The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful and even though the weather was not especially cooperative, we enjoyed the gazebo and grounds. We have stayed at many B & Bs over the past 7 years, and this moves to the top of our list - what a great place to spend an anniversary. We’ll definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Stoney Creek for two nights and loved it so much we were about ready to move in with the owners by the time we checked out! The B&B is a short drive from DC and just a few miles away from the Civil War battlefield at Antietam (the purpose of our trip). There are only four guest rooms, and each has a theme. For our visit we stayed in the Equestrian Room, which is in the original part of the home, and it was just gorgeous all the way around. The entire property is immaculately maintained, with stunning views of the pastoral countryside from every window. In the mornings my husband and I hung out sipping coffee with the owners' small, friendly dogs and felt like part of the family.

Breakfast at Stoney Creek deserves its own paragraph because it was downright decadent! The first morning we had a two-course breakfast where the first course consisted of fresh, cut up fruit and the second course was a modified Eggs Benedict with baked oatmeal on the side. Delish and beautifully presented!! The second morning we had a lovely fresh fruit salad first course and then the most amazing blueberry pancakes I've ever had in my life! David, if you ever read this please know I will love you forever for those pancakes. My mouth is watering as I type this. Yum, yum, yum!

Shepherdstown, WV is the largest town nearby (about 20 mins. away), and Denise, the Innkeeper, called and made dinner reservations for us at a nice Thai restaurant there. Shepherdstown has lots of trendy little shops and restaurants on the main drag, but unfortunately when we arrived for dinner at 7 pm all the stores had shut down for the night. So... make a note that if you're looking for shopping you'll have to get to town during the day!

Stoney Creek is by far the best B&B I've every stayed at. Truly, I cannot say enough good things. Steven, David and Denise have thought of everything to make their guests feel welcome, comfortable and pampered. If you're ever looking for a quiet getaway from the frenetic pace of everyday life, stay here! My husband and I will certainly go back again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank claire22310
Reviewed July 5, 2009

If you want a romantic and peaceful B&B, this is the place for you. David was extremely accomodating with our early breakfast request (he said he gets up early anyway). You will not leave hungry. Their 5pm wine & cheese spread was a great way to relax after a busy day. The dogs, Jack and Jill, are very friendly. When my wife and I explored the grounds, Jack led the way.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple