“Long-time favorite”

Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Boonsboro
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is consistently good, although the menu doesn't ever change. I have gone to a Sunday brunch which was disappointing, but I've always had good dinners. Had the best steak ever for my birthday several months ago.

Lovely historic site with locally-known stories. The garden room is a new addition, and quite noisy. The property runs alongside the Appalachian Trail.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The day was dark & drizzly, but the Garden Room was warm and festive with holiday decorations.
We were there at opening at 10:30 a.m. and all was prepared. A very nice buffet and the service was continuous and prompt. Fruit & salads until 11:00 a.m. & then a delicious Bloody Mary.
Recommended.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Old South Mountain Inn is in my neighborhood. I love the area and the drive to the restaurant down historic Alternate Route 40. Just across the restaurant is the Washington State Park. The route is where General Braddock marched through and yes, George Washington as well, hence the name of the park. My husband and I and extended family have celebrated a number of holidays and birthdays at the restaurant. We've also had many Sunday brunches there. Each has been a memorable experience. They have excellent meat dishes including filet mignon and prime rib. The service is excellent. All combined with the history and the old inn feeling create a wonderful atmosphere. My favorite tables are in the atrium, particularly during Thanksgiving and Winter, against a scenery of snow. Thanks to Old South Mountain Inn for all the wonderful memories!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway in Washington County, MD for our wedding anniversary recently. We went to the Old South Mountain Inn for our anniversary dinner. It was our first time there, and we had a lovely experience. It is a bit pricey, but not terribly so. I would consider it a "special occasion" restaurant. The atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely and the service was very good. There was a large party in the banquet room, so our food was a bit slow in coming, but we didn't mind as we were not in a rush.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Beautiful atmosphere. Vegetable crab soup full of flavor, crab dip with jumbo leg meat, excellent ceasar salad and the prime rib melted in your mouth. Most certainly worth the price and the service was outstanding.