“Gorgeous, but pricey”
Review of Inn BoonsBoro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boonsboro
Inn BoonsBoro
Ranked #1 of 2 Boonsboro B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Gorgeous, but pricey”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Not much was left of the building at Inn BoonsBoro after a 2008 fire, so the inn is more modern than historic -- despite the ghost stories that haunt the place (we didn't encounter any more than stories ourselves). Our room was lovely (gorgeous window treatments and a wrought iron four poster bed), and the enormous bathroom had cutting-edge plumbing, including a "magic" toilet, the largest tub I have ever seen, jets and spouts of all kinds in the shower, and a heated floor. There are a host of nice touches, including coffee, tea, and fresh bakery in the afternoons, complimentary wine and cheese in the evening, and a decanter of whiskey for nightcaps. Breakfast was good, there are nice outdoor spaces to lounge in (including a front porch and rear garden), and the innkeeper and other staff were very friendly and helpful. The only downsides are that the rooms are expensive and the inn sits on a heavily trafficked and hence noisy corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the garden if you don't like street noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderlust777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I visited this beautiful Inn for Q night dec 30. It was lovely. We stayed in the eve and roarke room (among my fave Nora Roberts books). The room is very nice, the bathroom is amazing.

The library was my favourite space and I spent several hours there with the fire on. It was so cozy with the Christmas decor and the fireplace on. Quite a treat to just relax. Especially with a fresh coffee and a splash of the Irish stashed on the shelf. Blood warming indeed.

The breakfast was very nice. And plentiful! Though if you don't like the dish of the day they'll make you basically whatever you want.

It's a bit pricey but I would definitely go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer T
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I can't believe that I never reviewed Inn Boonsboro, but I looked through all of my records and it looks like I hadn't. I think that I just raved about it in e-mail to friends and family and thought that I had formally reviewed it. I have been there twice. I have absolutely loved every moment there. The first time, I was with my son. He was 21, so not your average bed and breakfast guy--going with his mother. Luckily, they have a room with 2 incredibly elegant twin beds--all done in the Scarlet Pimpernel Theme--the Marguerite and Percy suite. They even had the impossible to find DVD starring Jane Seymour and Anthony Andrews. My son got a little culture on that trip. This room had the most incredible shower on the planet. It is ADA accessible--and you get hit by shower jets from about 6 angles. It was heavenly. The breakfast part of "bed and breakfast" definitely does not disappoint. The food is wonderful and beautifully presented. I had a lot of fun the first time there with older men telling my son, "Boy, just read Nora Roberts--she will tell you everything that a woman wants." My very good looking son seems to be doing just fine without reading Nora. The fun thing about this B&B is that if you are a Nora fan, this place--and the entire town of Boonsboro is a creation of Nora Roberts. There really is a Vesta Pizza and a Turn the Page Bookstore. It is like being in a fantasy come to life. On my second trip, I decided that it was a destination stop and I went alone. This time, I stayed in Eve and Roarke--I like JD Robb even better than Nora. (JD Robb is Nora). This is a futuristic suite--and one of the most comfortable places that I have ever stayed in. It sure beats the heck out of the 5 star high dollar Four Seasons in Chicago. The bathroom is amazing. (Middle aged women really like nice bathrooms.) There is a wonderful soaking tub with real bath salts (forbidden in my town due to drug addicts). They have the amazing shower--not as amazing as Marguerite and Percy, but better than anywhere else. They also have the "magic potty". This sounds crazy, but it is very popular in Japan--it washes you and dries you--WOW! This room was the very best to stay in because it was right next to the library--where there is unlimited Keurig coffee--and I could even put a shot of Jameson's in my nightly tea. Talk about relaxation. This room also has access to an outside porch--without going into a hallway. The staff is so wonderful. I went alone and was never lonely. I ate breakfast alone and loved every minute of it. This is very unusual. The innkeeper was wonderful. She and her husband have made some changes and they are all good. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Depends on what you want. I'd go with Eve and Roarke or Nick and Nora if it is romantic or you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Mary M
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wow is all I can say. If you have read the Inn Boonsboro series by Nora Roberts, then you will definitely want to visit and stay at the Inn. Every detail of the Inn that was described by Nora is here. We stayed in the Jane and Rochester Suite or as the book calls it J & R. The sheets were so decadent that I will be ordering a set for myself. They are available at Gifts Inn Boonsboro too. The bathroom was so over the top cool with the heated towel racks, numerous shower jets, toilet that does everything but sing you to sleep, and heated tile floors, I was in heaven. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the hubby took a nap on the fainting couch at the foot of the bed. It was so wonderful. We greatly enjoyed the wine and cheese hour with the other hotel guests. We met two ladies from California and a couple from a local Maryland town. All were Nora fans so we had much in common.
The inn keepers were all very friendly and made our stay that much nicer. The breakfast was incredible. We had a fruit plate to begin our morning meal with delicious coffee. The main part of the breakfast was a savory Italian French toast. It was decadent and rich. It would also make a delicious meal for dinner. We stayed full until well past 4:00 pm.
The baked goods available in the dining room after hours were so delicious. We enjoyed some cranberry scones and snicker doodles. They even included a recipe card for the scones. Everything was wonderful at Inn Boonsboro. Go and stay and enjoy it for yourself. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: J&R is over the top fabulous!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christiejones
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife is a huge fan of the writer Nora Roberts who also owns the Inn at Boonsboro. So for a recent gift I treated her to a weekend of wineries, antiques and a night at the Inn. We were greeted by the manager and given a tour of the Inn. The manager took great lengths to show us everything and to tell us how each room or item in the Inn relates to the books that Nora Roberts writes. The room we had was awesome. Its decor was totally appropriate and elegant without being overly done. It had the right balance of older style furniture but with modern conveniences. The Inn has a library with all kinds of coffees and a bottle of Irish whiskey available to guests. The evening we stayed they even had a wine tasting from a local winery. Breakfast the next morning was prepared by the house chef and was also excellent. Overall it is a great experience a terrific place for a special weekend. Just be prepared as it is a little expensive, but as a gift for my wife it was worth every penny as she had a great time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank blues4545
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have stayed at the Inn twice! The staff is wonderful. My husband had a gluten allergy and they were very accommodating! The rooms are fabulous. You don't have to be a fan of the Boonsboro trilogy to enjoy staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen J
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This B&B is a small gem, tucked away in the richly historical area north of Washington, DC. For a Nora Roberts' fan like myself, it was such a pleasure to stay in the inn that she wrote about in her Inn BoonsBoro trilogy. Nora was directly involved in planning the design of every room and her creative spirit was very much present in the furnishings. There is a sense of comfort mixed with luxury as soon as you walk in and are greeted by Lynn, the innkeeper. She treated us like favored friends who had come for a visit. We had access to almost every part of the Inn, notably the Library and Lounge where the comfy chairs entice you to while away a few hours with a good book and a glass of complimentary Jamieson's whiskey. Breakfast each day was beautifully presented and delicious. There were also homemade cookies available all day as well as soft drinks, water, tea, and coffee. Each evening there was a wine-and-cheese where we had a chance to sample local wines and mingle with other guests; Lynn also took the time to tell us about some of the ghostly encounters that she and various guests had experienced.

We stayed in the Eve and Roarke room, a must for a strong fan of the "In Death" series written under Nora's pseudonym, JD Robb. Everything had a futuristic feel mixed with a few antiques, just as in the books. Loved it. The room was supposed to be haunted by a cat ghost; I admit I didn't sleep as deeply as I could because I was waiting for a visit from a four-legged friend.

We spent hours touring the area, visiting many historical sites such as the Antietam Battlegrounds, Sharpsburg, and Harpers Ferry. While I could appreciate the importance of these spots, I must admit that I spent more time visualizing the homes and businesses of the MacKade brothers plus the sign denoting O'Hurley's General Store in Shepherdstown made me hope for a sighting of Abby or her sisters. Then, of course, there's Turn the Page bookstore owned by Nora's husband, Bruce Wilder, and Vesta's pizzeria and Dan's Tap House owned by Nora's son. This is an ideal spot to soak up the atmosphere that permeates Nora's life and her books.

This was our first trip to Inn BoonsBoro but definitely not the last. Even my husband rated this as a 5-star, but he would have preferred to give it a 10.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back where there is less street noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonsboro
Hampton Inn Hagerstown
Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
#2 of 3 in Shepherdstown

Been to Inn BoonsBoro? Share your experiences!