“Pleasantly surprised and welcomed like family!”

Lighthouse Sound Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Lighthouse Restaurant overlooking Assawoman Bay and the Ocean City skyline is dedicated to providing the finest cuisine on the Eastern Shore. Specializing in weddings and corporate events! Whether a golf outing, corporate meeting, banquet or wedding, The Lighthouse Restaurant will cater your every need. Serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch, our culinary staff will prepare the finest cuisine East of the Chesapeake.
MrGuber
“Pleasantly surprised and welcomed like family!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing time I and my family had while dining here with our two young children. Our server could not have been more welcoming, attentive and helpful the entire time and the food was awesome and well presented. My wife and I agreed that there is no place in Ocean City that could have even attempted to provide such a pleasant dining experience with the atmosphere that this place provides!

• Visited April 2013

Ocean City, Maryland
“"Careless"”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

To be fair my husband and I have been to Lighthouse Sound several times for dinner and enjoyed wonderfully prepared food. We decided to go for lunch. Chef Ramsey would have had a field day! The place was dirty but the food was worse!!!The onion soup was the worst I have ever eaten. The Maryland crab soup they are so famous for was not fresh, too spicey to eat, the vegetables were soggy, hardly any crab. My crabcake was slapped on a tasteless bun with a huge lettuce leaf sticking out. The crabcake was tasteless and fried on an obviously unclean grill because it was charred on the bottom. The pickle was OK. I did however like the tartar sauce even though I had to ask for it. The coleslaw was old and disgusting...obviously not fresh. My husband's burger was overdone even though he asked for medium rare. The fries were greasy.It is obvious that the the cook has no pride in his work and that management doesn't care. We held Lighthouse Sound to a much higher standard. Very disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Kim R, Owner at Lighthouse Sound Restaurant, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at Lighthouse. Our general manager, Darren, would like to speak with you regarding your lunch. His phone number is 410-641-1199. Please understand that this is not our norm. We pride ourselves on giving excellent service and product. We would like to make this right for you and invite you back. Please give Darren a call at your convenience.

Thanks, Kim
Snow Hill, Maryland
“Fabulous”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

There were 8 of us celebrating a birthday. I suggested Lighthouse Sound Restaurant even tho I had never been there before. We were not disappointed. The view of Ocean City at night was so beautiful but the a full moon was rising & that made the view breathtaking.
The food was wonderful, although the crab cake was over cooked & they took it back & brought another, but it had a lot of filler in it. The veal was extremely tender, others had shrimp scampi & they said it was delicious. We did the "two can dine for $59". It's a great value as the entree selections are many unlike other restaurants that have a deal like this where you limited to maybe 3 selections. Cream of crab soup I was told was the best this person had ever had. The atmosphere if rich but yet casual. Also...the presentation of the food was stunning. Service was great & he couldn't do enough for us. I know we all will be back & I can't wait for Valentines Day dining there.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank psdolly
Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must visit beautiful view”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are visiting to golf or not, this resturaunt is one of the best values around ! Never a bad meal, accommodating staff incredible view. Enjoy the backdrop of OCMD while you dine. Also one of the most beautiful courses we have golfed. GO GO GO..... don't miss it.

Enjoy homeade soups by the owner as well.

• Visited December 2012
Cockeysville, Maryland
“Lighthouse Sound ... sound advice!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you are looking for a special place to celebrate, Lighthouse Sound will not disappoint! The view of Ocean City is Spectacular, especially at night! The menu offers a nice variety if seafood and steak dishes which go beyond the ordinary! In the off season, the two can dine for $59 is a great value and includes a bottle of house wine. The wait staff is friendly and very attentive.