“Lighthouse Sound ... sound advice!”

Lighthouse Sound Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Lighthouse Restaurant overlooking Assawoman Bay and the Ocean City skyline is dedicated to providing the finest cuisine on the Eastern Shore. Specializing in weddings and corporate events! Whether a golf outing, corporate meeting, banquet or wedding, The Lighthouse Restaurant will cater your every need. Serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch, our culinary staff will prepare the finest cuisine East of the Chesapeake.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you are looking for a special place to celebrate, Lighthouse Sound will not disappoint! The view of Ocean City is Spectacular, especially at night! The menu offers a nice variety if seafood and steak dishes which go beyond the ordinary! In the off season, the two can dine for $59 is a great value and includes a bottle of house wine. The wait staff is friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

went here with my family and in-laws one evening during the summer. We were pleasantly surprised with our meals and the view from the restaurant was also nice. The atmosphere of the restaurant is a little "fancy" so make sure you don't come wearing something too casual, but you also don't need to wear shirt/tie...just a nice night on the town. They also have a kids menu even though it's not listed with the rest of their menu items.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I ate here last weekend for our anniversary. They had a background singer singing Christmas Carols during dinner which was wonderful. The view of Ocean City is beautiful at night. The food was outstanding and a lovely presentation. The service was top notch. The chef came around and introduced himself during dinner. After dinner, our waitress presented us with two glasses of champagne for our celebration as well as dessert. We couldnt have been more pleased with the entire evening.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We are locals and eat out all the time. I'm not sure why but we rarely seem to eat at LIghthouse Sound. (Think it might be because on a couple occasions we were sent away because they were doing a wedding) Anyway, we went last night and couldn't have been more pleased. I highly recommend this place.

The only thing we didn't like...
I usually wouldn't say something negative based on one poor employee's performance however when its the manager I feel I must. We redeemed a restaurant.com "paperless" certificate. The manager Darren came out to our table treating us like we had the plague and refused it saying his "corporate office lol" had to have it printed out as he walked away with an attitude. The waitress Jerry was gracious the whole time. I suggested maybe copying it and e-mailing to them from my phone. She said that would be fine and all was well.
Darren, you need to get some customer service skills because just walking around with a suit jacket on doesn't make you a professional, my friend.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

It's so nice to find an uncrowded, decent restaurant in Ocean City. Just 10 minutes away from the hub-bub, but it felt like we were in another vacation spot all together (like Florida, more about that later).. The Lighthouse Sound is parked on a lovely golf course surrounded by lush, grassy water. It's an impressive edifice and the dining room overlooks the water and greens for a beautiful view. We had 8:00 reservations, but arrived early and were seated immediately. This was on a rainy Sunday night so the crowd may have been atypical. The "price fix" special truly seemed the way to go and we were delighted with our choices. The special includes either soup or salad for each of two guests, two entrees with sides, a dessert big enough to share, and a bottle of house wine for $59.00. None of this would be a value were it not for the excellent quality of the food.

My husband had the cream of asparagus soup and I had the cesear salad. Both were fresh tasting and delicious. Then, a lemon sorbet was presented to cleanse the palate and it was very appreciated by me since the salad contained garlic. (My husband thought the sorbet was "pretentious", but I loved it and had previously worked at a restaurant that did that, so for me, it was a welcome treat). Our meals were very good. The hubby had the chicken stuffed with Boursin cheese and spinach and I had the crab cake. Both were extremely tasty though as a Marylander, I can tell the difference between jumbo lump, as this was claimed, and not jumbo lump. This was NOT jumbo lump but still extremely worthwhile. (if it was jumbo lump, they crumbled the lumps, which pretty much defeats the designation. There should be solid, Jordan-almond-sized pieces of crab and there were only fine shreds.). Still, delicious and the veggies were fresh, crisply cooked and beautifully presented. We got the house Merlot and it was very, very good so the other reviewer, who had the Pinot was right. These folks know how to pick a good house wine. The dessert for two was a single dessert that was to be shared (we had not gleaned that from the menu, but that was our oversight), but it was a perfect portion and a beautifully done, gorgeous Crete brûlée. They also came about with the homemade chocolate chip cookies and they were outstanding. The service was good, but it's one of those places where one person takes your order, and a parade of different folks, bring out your meal. The staff were for the most part friendly, but the bus girl seemed shy and overwhelmed trying to smile or respond. The maitre'd was very accommodating.

The clientele appear to be in the 40-60 and older age range and of the upper income level. We fit in well here, but if you're a group of young folks or a family with children, it may not suit your expectations. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely be back.