“Great experience!”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Lighthouse Restaurant overlooking Assawoman Bay and the Ocean City skyline is dedicated to providing the finest cuisine on the Eastern Shore. Specializing in weddings and corporate events! Whether a golf outing, corporate meeting, banquet or wedding, The Lighthouse Restaurant will cater your every need. Serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch, our culinary staff will prepare the finest cuisine East of the Chesapeake.
Ocean City, Md
“Great experience!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We are locals and eat out all the time. I'm not sure why but we rarely seem to eat at LIghthouse Sound. (Think it might be because on a couple occasions we were sent away because they were doing a wedding) Anyway, we went last night and couldn't have been more pleased. I highly recommend this place.

The only thing we didn't like...
I usually wouldn't say something negative based on one poor employee's performance however when its the manager I feel I must. We redeemed a restaurant.com "paperless" certificate. The manager Darren came out to our table treating us like we had the plague and refused it saying his "corporate office lol" had to have it printed out as he walked away with an attitude. The waitress Jerry was gracious the whole time. I suggested maybe copying it and e-mailing to them from my phone. She said that would be fine and all was well.
Darren, you need to get some customer service skills because just walking around with a suit jacket on doesn't make you a professional, my friend.

Bel Air, Maryland
“Great place, close-by, but off the beaten path! Excellent experience.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

It's so nice to find an uncrowded, decent restaurant in Ocean City. Just 10 minutes away from the hub-bub, but it felt like we were in another vacation spot all together (like Florida, more about that later).. The Lighthouse Sound is parked on a lovely golf course surrounded by lush, grassy water. It's an impressive edifice and the dining room overlooks the water and greens for a beautiful view. We had 8:00 reservations, but arrived early and were seated immediately. This was on a rainy Sunday night so the crowd may have been atypical. The "price fix" special truly seemed the way to go and we were delighted with our choices. The special includes either soup or salad for each of two guests, two entrees with sides, a dessert big enough to share, and a bottle of house wine for $59.00. None of this would be a value were it not for the excellent quality of the food.

My husband had the cream of asparagus soup and I had the cesear salad. Both were fresh tasting and delicious. Then, a lemon sorbet was presented to cleanse the palate and it was very appreciated by me since the salad contained garlic. (My husband thought the sorbet was "pretentious", but I loved it and had previously worked at a restaurant that did that, so for me, it was a welcome treat). Our meals were very good. The hubby had the chicken stuffed with Boursin cheese and spinach and I had the crab cake. Both were extremely tasty though as a Marylander, I can tell the difference between jumbo lump, as this was claimed, and not jumbo lump. This was NOT jumbo lump but still extremely worthwhile. (if it was jumbo lump, they crumbled the lumps, which pretty much defeats the designation. There should be solid, Jordan-almond-sized pieces of crab and there were only fine shreds.). Still, delicious and the veggies were fresh, crisply cooked and beautifully presented. We got the house Merlot and it was very, very good so the other reviewer, who had the Pinot was right. These folks know how to pick a good house wine. The dessert for two was a single dessert that was to be shared (we had not gleaned that from the menu, but that was our oversight), but it was a perfect portion and a beautifully done, gorgeous Crete brûlée. They also came about with the homemade chocolate chip cookies and they were outstanding. The service was good, but it's one of those places where one person takes your order, and a parade of different folks, bring out your meal. The staff were for the most part friendly, but the bus girl seemed shy and overwhelmed trying to smile or respond. The maitre'd was very accommodating.

The clientele appear to be in the 40-60 and older age range and of the upper income level. We fit in well here, but if you're a group of young folks or a family with children, it may not suit your expectations. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
North Beach, Maryland
“Beautiful View for Dinning”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was disappointed after reading all the great reviews about the food. This was not my first visit, I have in the past gone for lunch or drinks. First thing we were served was stale bread. We had to send back, most things don't really bother me but it was replaced with more stale bread that was hit with some water and microwaved.
We had the prix fix meuu and the spinich salad had chopped mozzarella small cubes. The steaks were quite good and Server was very pleasant. All four of us noticed the dinner was not great but price was not bad. The view is beautiful and the live music was good. I would not rush back even tho I live close.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank loulou215
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful view ad wonderful food”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Lighthouse Sound is a great fine dinng experience. Beautiful view. Great service. Live jazzy music.. Get the "seasonal" prix fix menu. For.$49 you get soup or salad, sorbet, entree, and dessert. Oh, and a bottle of wine! Also, as you wait for dessert you will get one of the best homeade chocolate cookie you will ever have. I had the spinach and mozzarella salad with tomatoes, egg and onion drizzled with bacon and balsamic vinagarette. This was followed by a crab cake with a corn salsa and garlic mash potatoes. All with a nice Pinot Grigio. Awesome chocolate chip cookie......no doubt homeade. Then, key lime pie. Over looking the bay and Oceam City and the 18th green. Lovely! Oh, and my son loved the chicken fingers. Overall, very nice!

1 Thank dariah
, Owner at Lighthouse Sound Restaurant, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on Lighthouse Sound. The crab cakes are my favorite as well!! We look forward to seeing you again at Lighthouse!

Kim
Washington, DC
“WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

After all these years of going to Ocean City, why it took so long to find this wonderful restaurant, I have no idea. It all started on a slow, cold Saturday morning. We looked for a place for lunch on Open Table, knowing that there just weren’t that many restaurants in Ocean City listed on OT anyway. The restaurant is a beautiful crescent shaped room with huge windows overlooking Assawoman Bay and the Ocean City skyline beyond.

A reservation was available for lunch that day. We were not disappointed. Granted, on a Saturday out-of-season, it was not really necessary to have a reservation, but those Open Table points sure are good.

We started by sharing a wonderful order of the FRIED CALAMARI. They were light and crispy and perfectly cooked. There weren’t any tentacles in our batch though - a minor disappointment.

It was lunch and we had a dinner engagement that night, so we tried to eat light. I had a REUBEN SANDWICH which had a nice amount of pastrami and a respectable amount of sauerkraut and dressing. My lunch partner had a GRILLED SALMON on Ciabatta. It was perfectly cooked. We both had a side of cold slaw - a bit too creamy for my taste, but certainly serviceable.

We were hooked. So, we booked for dinner the next night. We arrived early to have a drink in the bar area. The bar was very comfortable, and being that it was still cold, raining and nighttime, we felt all comfy by the fireplace. The restaurant is part of a large golf resort, so on the TV was golf matches. Lights were a bit high, but the manager lowered them upon our request.

So, into the dining room we went – and again, we were not disappointed. They had a marvelous $49.99 special FOR TWO PEOPLE. It included 2 appetizers, 2 main courses, 2 sides, a shared dessert AND a bottle of wine to share.

So again, the place wasn’t very busy, so we got excellent service and a visit or two from the chef. We got to schmooz with the manager and learn his history in the food service industry. The nice woman at the bar was also entertaining, and like so many other place in and around Ocean City, we felt right at home.

We’ll go back! You betcha.

• Visited February 2012