“Good italian food, cozy and reasonable prices.”
Review of Geppetto Restaurant - CLOSED

Geppetto Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Democracy Blvd
Description: Geppetto's incredible, award-winning pizza and homey Italian food has been a magnet for families since 1977. The restaurant was the first in the area to introduce the thick-crusted Sicilian pizza, with its inch high homemade crust. The menu also includes favorites such as homemade pastas, seafood selections, and a wide assortment of delicious entrees.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good italian restaurant, a nice salon, reasonable prices and good service. What else can we ask for a family dinner. However, like all restaurants in this neighborhood it closes early, and once the kitchen is closed the staff wants to leave in a rush. Once we arrived at 8.00 PM with a group of friends and at 9.00 it was over.
We especially liked the Fettucine Pescatora and vegetarian combination pizza.

There are newer reviews for Geppetto Restaurant

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went for lunch the other day with a friend. They had a special ($25.00 for two people) that we both ordered: two glasses of wine, two small plain pizzas, and two small house salads. The house wine they offered (there was only a choice of red or white) was quite good; the salads were mixed greens that were pretty ordinary; the pizzas were pretty good. Of course we ordered additional wine, coffee, and dessert (a ricotta pie that was very, very good.

The restaurant is in a small strip mall and its entrance is hidden in a small alley that cuts through the strip so you really have to look for it. The service was friendly and efficient. The ambiance is nothing special and could really benefit from some remodeling.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I love this establishment! Both for dine-in and delivery/carry-out service. The quality of the food can't be beat. The atmosphere of the dining room is cozy and romantic.

1  Thank OlivW
Reviewed September 28, 2013

No wonder I couldn't find this reataurant when I wanted to review it. The name is misspelled! I had to submit it for review. And now it's reviewed.

I like it and yoiu should make an effort to try it.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I happened to be in Washington DC for meetings and my Deputy Director had just moved back to the States and lived in Bethesda. We were visiting at her home and I suggested dinner. She knew right where to take me so the entire family piled in the van and took off.

Geppetto's is located in a pedestrian alley of a strip mall (Wildwood Shopping Center) between two parking lots - front and back. Signage is sufficient to find it and once you do, it's well worth it!

I took photos with my phone but can't seem to locate them (the photos - not the phone). But It is a nicely designed space with paned windows, green and white gingham tablecloths and a barrel vaulted ceiling.

The menu is very comprehensive: salads (nice selection), sandwiches, burgers, chicken entrees plus one choice of mussels, salmon and a shrimps and scallop dinner, as well as pastas and pizzas. Apparently they are famous for their pizzas - a thick crusted Sicilian pizza with its inch-high homemade crust! Bill Clinton even had one (if that's any kind of testimony). Desserts are especially good! They also cater.

Service was very good - courteous, professional and just quick enough. I thought the table spacing at the entry to the dining room itself was a little odd. the first table impinges on the ability to walk to the rest of the room without circling around to the other side. I would remove that table if I were managing this restaurant. It's just disconcerting enough to leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth.

If you are anywhere in the vicinity, don't pass this up. It's worth the trip.