“Pretty Darn Good”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We sat at the kitchen counter and had a pretty good meal at Mia's. The pizzas were hot, well-cooked and flavorful, and the kids had a good time watching the cooks make their pizzas. The salads are fairly lack-luster (mango-beet salad lacked any dressing and the pear/arugala was skimpy on ingredients) but the pizza was pretty good and well-priced.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

excellent place if you are looking for pizza in the metro area. at this restaurant the use a wood burning oven, and it gives the pizza that amazing taste we all love. I think you will love the food at this place. it is a little small in size but that is not why we go there.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

'Mia's has wonderful salads and delicious, salty, woodsmoked pizzas. The chef ('Mia herself?) is always seeking to improve the menu with fresh ingredients in great combinations. The latest pea, fava bean, mixed leaf salad is a winner, as is the pesto-based shrimp, artichoke, heirloom tomato pizza. I also recommend the pear and rucola salad.....and I appreciate that Mia's stays open thru the 'slow hours' of the afternoon for an eat-at-odd hours person like me. Closed Mondays.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

While visiting in the DC area a friend took me to Mia's, knowing how much I love good pizza. I was not disappointed. The pizza was delicious, and worth the drive out of the city.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Mia's is a terrific little spot in Bethesda to enjoy pizza, music, and great outdoors. The patio has a real summer feel to it and is enclosed on both sides to make it cozy. While our waitress was friendly and generally attentive, the wait for our salads was very long and they weren't worth the wait. The wait and the so-so Caesar and spinach salads were the only detractions. We didn't go inside, but from the patio the look of the bar and dining room made me want to come back and try them out.