“I would definitely stay here again.”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed January 29, 2010

The staff was friendly and helpful upon our arrival. The hotel was clean and current. Our room was clean and nice and of course there are the Marriott beds. which are the most comfortable anywhere hands down! Flat screen tvs in LR and BR. Breakfast on second floor was fine. I don't know what some people were expecting. It is a hotel breakfast bar. If you are calorie conscious there is fruit and yogurt. Hot food was ok but when was buffet style hot food on steam table ever great? Location was excellent, walk to metro etc. Valet at front door. They welcomed my dog. There was a hefty pet deposit, but for once I didn't have to stay at a dump to accommodate my dog.

• Stayed: December 2009

Reviewed January 11, 2010

We chose the Residence Inn because it was located on the red metro line, was affordable and included breakfast. We were very pleased. The hotel is a short 5 minute walk from the metro station. It is a clean and attractive hotel. Our room included a bedroom and sitting room, complete with dining table and small, fully equipped kitchen. The bathroom was nice and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was extensive, especially considering that most hotels do not include breakfast. It included hot oatmeal, eggs, hash browns, bread and bagel assortment, yogurt, fruit, etc. The area around the hotel is very nice. Lots of upscale shops and restaurants. We felt very safe walking around the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We just returned from a brief trip to DC and the Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown was absolutely perfect. The setup is great for families - we have an infant and we could put her down to sleep in the bedroom, close the door, and still talk and hang out in the living room area. The kitchen was also very useful for washing bottles and storing leftovers. The staff was wonderfully friendly and attentive. Valet parking was amazingly fast and the complimentary breakfast, while not delicious, offered a wide array of foods that did the trick (I'd recommend the cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, and toast). The rooms were very clean and there waseven free wireless internet! The location is also only a block from dozens of restaurants and shopping - we couldn't have asked for a better location in Bethesda. I would highly recommend this hotel for all families or anyone who just wants a little more space in a still very convenient location.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Had a wonderful stay at the Residence Inn Bethesda. Travelled with my family of five and another family. Parking and check-in was no problem at all. Valet parking. Rooms were very nice, 2 queen beds very comfortable. Large living room and full kitchen. Its nice to have the extra space for a family as big as ours. Roof top pool was essential in August and after long hot hours of touring DC. Location was great as it was less expensive to stay outside of DC and take the Metro in. The metro was literally 1.5 blocks from the hotel. Breakfast was included, a very nice buffet. About two blocks, and a VERy charming walk, there is a hopping restaurant/shopping area. Would have loved to explore this more with out our young kids!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My wife and I spent 6 vacation days here. It was all that we wanted it to be.

We wanted separation between the bedroom and the rest of the apartment, and we got it. There was a kitchenette with plates and utensils for 4, small dining area, chair and sofa and TV in the living area; a king sized bed, chest of drawers and TV in the bedroom. The cleaning staff did an excellent job and did the dishes each day. The rooms were great.

The inn as a block and a half from the Metro, which will whisk one to the Smithsonian stop in 21 minutes, including transfer; and it was 2 blocks from restaurant row. The staff was alway helpful and friendly. Parking is $18 per day with valet service.

Breakfast is detailed by others, suffice it to say that the choice of foods is good and the quality is okay. On Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday a small buffet dinner is provided at no additional cost. A menu was on the door of our refrigerator.

Weekday rates were about twice the cost of weekend rates, so we rescheduled our trip and save about $400.

The only negative thing I can say about this Inn is that the pillows were too soft for both my wife and myself.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

The hotel was conveniently located to the location of my conference. The red line metro Bethesda stop was a couple of blocks away and also close to Bethesda Row shops and restaurants. There is also a movie theater across the street.
My room was on the 10th floor and at times it was a wait for the elevator in the morning. The rooms were quite and I didn't hear much noise from outside unless there were sirens (police or ambulance).
The staff was very pleasant. The only odd thing was that I rented a car just for the weekend and needed to parking. The staff at the valet stand told me there was only valet parking at $18 per night, no self parking. Fortunately there was a line for valet because another staff member notified me that if I only needed parking until 0700 Monday, I could park for free at the parking garage close by! The second guy saved me $36.
The breakfasts in the morning had an excellent selection. Four different cold cereals. and oatmeal with toppings. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potato bites, and either pancakes, waffles, or french toast. There was also make your own belgian waffle station. Many assorted bread products and many beverages. Also a paper was always available. I only went to the evening reception once but was pleasantly surprised, by the chicken fajitas and nachos.
WiFi was free in the rooms and there was also two workstations with printers in the lobby.
The room was spacious and it was very nice having a mini kitchen. The housekeeping staff ran the dishwasher for me and put away the dishes when I left them in the dishwasher.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I decided to give this hotel a shot when I found a last-minute special for under $100 a night -- that included free internet access and breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised!

The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The FREE breakfast was more than adequate.

While there is no restaurant in the hotel, you'll find plenty of restaurants within a 3-block radius -- mainly steak houses, for some reason. (My personal favorites: Shangri-La, an Indian/Nepali restaurant a half block away -- a little overpriced but very tasty; the Farmer's Market 2 blocks away, where you can pick up fruits, Greek dishes that can be reheated in the microwave (oh, yeah, did I mention that the hotel room had a kitchenette, as well?), and baked goods; and Don Pollo, where you can purchase a 1/2 roasted chicken with 2 sides for under $7.)

If you've got some down time, there's a Regal movie theater across the street and the Round House Theater near the Metro.

The Bethesda Red Line Metro stops about 3 blocks away -- it's about 35 minutes to Union Station. To get to the hotel, make a right after coming up the VERY long, VERY steep escalator to the street. (You'll be facing Wisconsin Ave.) Make a right and walk past the Hyatt. Walk to the 2nd traffic light (Elm Street) and then cross to the other side of Wisconsin Ave. The Residence Inn will be facing you. The entrance is on Elm Street.

(TIP: When you come up the first escalator from the train platform, you'll see a bank of phones and fare machines to your left. Tucked away at the end of a short corridor, just before reaching the machines, is an elevator that will leave you a little closer to the hotel. It leaves you down the block from the Hyatt.)

All in all, I thought this was a good value for my money. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business