Residence Inn by Marriott Bethesda Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bethesda Marriott(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Room Service
Doubletree by Hilton Bethesda - Washington DC(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
$186
$251
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$258
$232
$159
  • Breakfast included
Bethesda Marriott Suites(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
$209
$188
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase(Chevy Chase)(Great Value!)
$299
$239
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenone bedroom suitevalet parkingdining tableseparate bedroomsrooftop poolfree breakfastmetro stationpet feesized fridgethe living room areatwo blocksan extended stayoatmealthree nightshotel is in a great locationthe penthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I ended up staying here for three separate trips last year: once in February, and twice in June.

It's a little pricey, but worth every penny. Vehicles are parked under the hotel and only accessible by the valets. No worries about your car being broken into, damaged, or stolen.

There's a warm breakfast every morning & different options for dinner every weekday evening. I was a little bummed that we couldn't have dinner on Ash Wednesday because they were serving a meat dish for dinner that night, but I guess most people don't observe that anymore anyway. Considering the price of dinner at restaurants in the area, the fact that this hotel serves dinner makes it a great option.

In the rooms, the bedrooms are separate from the living space. I stayed in both a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom during my different stays. The format for both was pretty much the same. Separate bedroom(s) with the bathroom inside (two bathrooms in the two-bedroom unit), a couch that could comfortably seat two adults, a reclining chair, and a table with four chairs. The kitchenette had a nice sized refrigerator/freezer, a microwave, and a stove/oven, and a dishwasher. The daily meals are posted on the refrigerator. There's a nice-sized TV in the living room and in each bedroom. During my trips in June, we had a chance to use the pool. There's a lifeguard on duty & I found her to be very vigilant.

The lobby has an office area where you can fax, print, access computers, and find out about local events.

There is a Metro stop right across the street, so you can leave your car to travel into & out of DC very easily. I was actually visiting DC two of the times I stayed here.

My only complaint about the hotel was that it didn't offer many TV stations for children. We were lucky to find a movie for the kids on HBO one evening. Other evenings we watched Netflix on the iPad. I brought portable DVD players, but could not easily hook them up to the TVs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RobinLamb
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My room was very comfortable, they had breakfast every day and three nights a week dinner was provided. More than that though was that my room was clean and comfortable. I had a prior experience at a Bethesda hotel where I could not breathe in the rooms. This was such an upgrade. I only ranked it 4 versus 5 because they were skimpy on lotion of all things. I got over it, but still.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I were in Bethesda for a National Institutes of Health meeting, and had been scheduled to stay and meet at the Marriott Courtyard Chevy Chase, a standard venue for such gatherings. The Courtyard had to cancel us out literally at the last minute since they had to shut off the water for some repairs. (I've stayed at this Courtyard regularly for NIH meetings, and this incident was bracketed by two others with problems: The time before, their wireless Internet was on the fritz, and the time following, we had to be moved elsewhere due to some other glitch, but that time there was plenty of warning. I suspect NIH is taking note of this matter and getting a little tired of it, but I'll label that as a conjecture.)

In any case, we were moved to the Residence Inn, and the suite we had there was fine, really a better class of accommodation than I was accustomed to at the Courtyard. Toss in the Residence Inn complimentary breakfast, which was quite good, and this is now my hands-down preference between the two hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AnnArborMiBob
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Eleven ladies including myself stayed at this wonderful hotel for the weekend. This hotel is located on the Red Line Bethesda Metro. The location is great, the staff was wonderful, this hotel is near restaurants, grocery stores.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ppp057
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Similar to other Residence Inn hotels. Very helpful staff. Slightly aged property. Air conditioning unit in my room was quite noisy but other than that everything was fine. Location is great for visits to Bethesda. Also, near metro.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business