“SistahFriend Weekend”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Eleven ladies including myself stayed at this wonderful hotel for the weekend. This hotel is located on the Red Line Bethesda Metro. The location is great, the staff was wonderful, this hotel is near restaurants, grocery stores.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ppp057

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Similar to other Residence Inn hotels. Very helpful staff. Slightly aged property. Air conditioning unit in my room was quite noisy but other than that everything was fine. Location is great for visits to Bethesda. Also, near metro.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank levtahor
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Hotel is very nice, the 1 bedroom suite I had was on the smaller size compared to what I’m used to when it comes to a residence inn but it was neat and clean (the furniture in my suite is starting to show its age). The pool closes at 8 pm or 9 pm I think, which is kind of early in the summer, the breakfast (free) and the breakfast room were both great. To me the best thing about the hotel is its location there are so many restaurants and shops around it makes up for all the quibbles mentioned above. The staffs were all very pleasant and big shouts out to the manager who sent an email before and after the stay checking if everything was alright (yes its generic but in my opinion it's a good practice). I will definitely be staying here again if i am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed her for three nights this past weekend and thought it was a great location for a DC suburb hotel. It is very close to the Bethesda stop on the red line. It is only a a couple a few blocks away from a myriad of dining options in the Bethesda Row area. All of the staff was very polite and greeted us each time we entered the hotel. There are some nice sitting areas in a courtyard if you want to relax outside. I saw some families that had bought some pizzas and were eating out there. I would stay here again.

The only thing that I thought was out-of-balance was the $20 a day for valet parking with no self-parking available. Reading the posts here we opted to park at the Waverly Garage and it worked out great. A word on using the Waverly Garage. It is free parking from 10pm Friday night to 7am Monday morning. We arrived on Thursday and opted to park in the garage instead of the hotel. It is a metered lot and it is eighty cents per hour in the 15-hour (7am-10pm) max meters. I figured that the meters would accept a credit card swipe. Nope. Either bring a few rolls of quarters or sign up ahead of time at www.parknow.us to set up an account. You set up a credit card for payments and then when you park you call their number and designate the spot you are in. I used the website to pay for my spot all day Friday. Another note is that the meters do not have an IP address so the meter will say expired even if you have paid for the spot. I called the support about my concern with this and I was told this was normal and that the meter reader checked the spot based on the meter number.

Room Tip: Park at the Waverly Garage. See my tips in my review.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CarouselambraNC
Shelly S, General Manager at Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hello Raleigh NC,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn during your stay in Bethesda. It is alway great to hear that our staff made a great impression. I will certainly share your comments with our team. Just like you, many of our guests find the access to the Metro is very convenient and make getting into DC quick and easy. Our weather has been unpedictable these days so, I am glad you were able to enjoy the courtyard to relax. In reference to parking, as with most hotels in the metro area, parking is limited and we find that our daily fees for valet are comparable if not slightly lower than the neighboring hotels. Your information regarding the public Waverly garage is helpful and is certainly an alternative to our service at the hotel. Thank you again. We look forward to hosting you the next time your travels bring you to the Bethesda area.

Sincererly,

Shelly

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Travelers - you have some great choices in downtown Bethesda but this might be the best. Closer to the Metro than the Doubletree. I had a high floor spacious one bedroom corner - probably larger than most apartments in Manhattan or DC. Front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. No pool but the exercise room was adequate. Very nice breakfast buffet thrown on top. Can't go wrong!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We got a one bedroom suite on 8th floor, the room is clean, quiet and comfortable, we had a good night sleep. The breakfast is above average compared to that offered by other residence inns I have been to. I like the view from the cafeteria window, it rained in the morning and left some cherry blossom on the ground. Lot of small restaurants nearby, Safeway and Metro is within a short walk. I like the area in general.

The only negative side is the traffic in the afternoon, we happened to arrive during the rush hour, it took almost half an hour to drive that 1 mile on Wisconsin Avenue.

Also note, it is a little crowded if you plan to use the sofa sleeper in the living room. There is no direct train to DC from the nearby metro station, you need to make a transfer. so for first time visitors, I will stay closer. But I will definitely stay here again if we visit DC next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jabba85286
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Like other reviewers, my wife and I chose to stay in Bethesda while visiting Washington, D.C. The Residence Inn had a good rate for a one-bedroom suite, we've had generally good luck with Marriott properties, and this one was conveniently located near a Metro stop as well as some very good downtown restaurants. Staff were friendly, and our rooms were clean and well-appointed. Wi-fi was fast and easy to use. Breakfast, included in the rate, was about par for this sort of hotel, nothing outstanding but plenty of choices hot and cold. Parking was by valet and an extra charge.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple