“Great stay!”

Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Stayed at the Residence Inn Bethesda for 1 night. I was orginally going to stay at the Hyatt Regency nearby, but the Residence Inn had a better deal on their website. The comment about the construction gave me some concern, but the savings trumped noise level. Luckily, there was no construction noise whatsoever.

Arriving on a very rainy Friday, I was impressed with the customer service at check in. I requested an early checkin and the room was ready. I also brought my portable dvd player and a hotel staff was sent up to the room to help me connect the dvd player right away.

The room was great. It had a homey feel with modern decor. A 2 queen room on the 9th floor, I was impressed with the 2 flat screen TVs in the room. I could tell the rooms were recently renovated. The only complaint with the room was that the curtains were made of a lacey material, so they did a poor job of keeping light out the room, but since it was raining, it wasn't too much of an issue.

The hotel breakfast was also great--a wide range of pastries and hot breakfast dishes. Location was perfect, a block or two away from the metro and I felt safe walking around.
1 tip to keep in mind: hotel parking is about $16 dollars. You can save money by parking at the metered parking lots nearby, or parking in the hyatt regency parking for $10 for 24 hours...or if you're on the weekend, Saturday and Sunday parking in Bethesda is generally free.

If I'm in the DC area again and the price is right, I would definitely stay at the Residence Inn Bethesda.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown

Reviewed March 30, 2008

Please be advised that there is major construction going on right next to this hotel. A Hilton Garden Inn is being built. Very loud construction equipment started at 7:15 a.m. each morning during the week. If you are going to stay on business and plan to be up at that time and out of the hotel all day, this may not be an issue. However, I was there as a tourist and would have liked to sleep later. That was not possible. There was no warning on the hotel website. If I had known, I would have elected to stay elsewhere. Front desk staff told me that there was no construction on the weekend. That was not true. Construction started at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. However, I was up by that time.

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank upstatetraveler40
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for several nights in early October. The staff was always friendly and professional from the doorman to the front desk staff.

Rooms are recently renovated and feature two flat-screen televisions, free high-speed internet access, well-equipped small kitchens and pleasant, modern furnishings of the "trendy" (think bright colors and sharp angles used in most new urban restaurants and lounges now) variety.

Breakfast was great: large variety of hot and cold items. Served in an extremely pleasant setting with the option of sitting outside on a balcony.

Location is perfect in an upscale area of Bethesda surrounded by other hotels, restaurants and apartment complexes. Extremely safe at night. About one-two blocks from the Metro.

Would definitely stay at this property again when visiting the DC region.

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank travelwiz13
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in the area. The location could not better. The service was outstanding. Their breakfast had to be one of the best hotel breakfasts ever. The rooms was spacious and even included a pull-out sofa bed. The kitchenette was very practical. There were few negatives: The pool was nice but a little cold. The bathroom needed some work , caulking coming off. The parking was really expensive, $17 per night. The worst thing about our stay was the bed. Both my husband and I found the bed extremely uncomfortable. Overall a pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone traveling in a group or large family.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank rodrig
Reviewed August 12, 2007

We were actually on business and focused on staying within Govt. per diem which wasn't difficult at the Residence Inn. I read the other reviews beforehand and I can also attest to the free breakfast being very good with both hot and cold options. We also had a variety of pasta's on buffet one evening which was also free along with beer and wine, Blue Bunny ice cream for dessert - what else could you ask for considering the very reasonable hotel price? The menu for each evening was posted on the Fridge in the room so you could decide if wanted to eat there and relax or go swelter in the heat to travel to a restaurant. Pasta and wine was an easy choice.

I don't know if our room was representative of all the rooms since some of the older posts alluded to renovations, but our room looked like we were the first to use it. It was noted inside that special attention had been paid to controlling allergens. There was a room air filter unit (not noisy at all) in the living area, a flat screen TV in the living room and bedroom, a very nice new kitchen (if you're inclined to cook or heat something up in the microwave), and the bed was very comfortable. We couldn't have asked for anything else in the room to meet our needs. It was very spacious.

The pool is on the roof and it 's small and nothing special. It had a life guard which surprised me. The fitness area was once on the same floor, but they've moved it to the parking level and have all new nice equipment in it. I believe there were 3 threadmills, a couple of elliptical trainers and a bike. It looked like a work in progress since they had a free weight rack, but no free weights. It's a small area, but certainly functional.

I arrived before check-in so I left my luggage and went shopping at Filene's which is one Metro stop toward DC. The staff gave me directions and tips on other stores. In general, all the staff was very good.

We were in the Hyatt down the street for the first part of the week and had to move because they were sold out for a couple of days and I'm actually glad we found the Residence Inn. The only advantage the Hyatt had was that it was right at the Metro entrance and the Residence in is a couple of blocks away. The Residence Inn was a better value and a lot more spacious.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank RockyTop
Reviewed June 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed here only one night for a friends wedding. We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, but I did really like the room. They are suites, so there is a nice little kitchen and living area. They are in the midst of a remodeling project, which has left the remodeled rooms looking great, just watch out for the continuing construction noise. A note in the room assured guests that the work was to end at 5. I think the drilling noises stopped around 5:30. So, it was close. The hotel is close to the Metro station, and if it is raining, you can manage to walk there with only a few steps without cover (as we found out when we left in the morning).

The complementary breakfast was pretty good, for a free breakfast. They had hot eggs (or something that looked and tasted like eggs) potatoes, cereals, and bagels and pastries.

Overall, it was a nice place and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Anna C
Reviewed March 1, 2007

I was going to DC for a meeting on a Saturday, and wanted a hotel that would be an easy Metro ride in that morning. The Residence Inn in Bethesda was perfect!

I arrived on Friday, and found you have to use the valet for parking. Not a big deal since you have to pay for parking anyway. Upon check-in, I was put in a great corner room. It was very spacious in the living room area and the bedroom. Bathroom was also roomy.

The hotel was an easy walk to the downtown area for restaurants and bars. There are also several right down the street from the hotel and a movie theater.

In the morning, they had complientary breakfast for everyone. As always a nice mixture of hot and cold stuff.

I left my bag with the bellman for the day, and was on my way to DC for the day. The Metro stop was a block away, couldn't ask for it to be closer.

Upon returning, the bellman fetched my bag and then my truck and I was on my way home.

The staff were friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions. The hotel was in very good order and upkeep. On my next trip to DC, this will be the first place I check on.

Stayed: January 2007