All reviews one bedroom suite valet parking small kitchen rooftop pool metro station free breakfast oatmeal an extended stay hotel is in a great location three nights minute ride the breakfast area the penthouse washington dc would definitely stay here again few blocks within easy walking distance
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times and have always had excellent service. Every member of the staff that we encountered has been extremely professional. The rooms were updated several years ago and they are comfortable and ideal for an extended stay. Most of the rooms face side streets which minimizes noise. The location is ideal for shopping, dining, and sightseeing in DC. Bethesda has a plethora of restaurants in all price ranges, as well many nice shops within walking distance. The Metro to DC is close by.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding in the Chevy Chase area, but it would make a good base to tour DC, since the metro is across the street, and will get you where you need to go. Rooms are suites with kitchenette, standard RI except that the furnishings are relatively new, and the RI is in a high rise. Breakfast had lots of choices, and staff was friendly and valets were great with getting cars to us when we needed them. I'd buy the package that includes the parking---a bit of a bargain---also coin laundry in the fitness center, which is a bonus when traveling. Would definitely pick this as my go-to when I am in the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Went down for two nights to explore the city and attend a lacrosse tournament at the Landon School. The location was perfect because it allowed for walking around and had plenty of places to eat as well as walk a dog. The staff could not be better and more helpful. From the time we checked in, to loading our car to leave. They are super dog friendly as well. The rooms were nice and clean and the mini-kitchen is great to have. Next time we go down, I will stay there. If you don't mind staying 2 miles outside the city, but in a vibrant area this is a great place.

2  Thank Samantha P
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My sister and I stayed here 4 nights for a family reunion/pleasure trip. Our room 1015 had a large living room with tv, dining table and 4 chairs next to a small but well-stocked kitchen with dishwasher, stove, microwave and fridge (no dishwashing soap was provided). The spacious bedroom had 2 large queen beds (lots of pillows, firm mattress), tv and 3 drawers. Oddly the closet had low hanging racks; if you were tall or had a gown you were out of luck. The large bathroom was spotless, with tub, shower and large sink. The front desk gave us our own safe deposit box and key for my iPad, which I chose to leave there whenever I left the hotel. It was totally secure. There are 3 computers i(with printer) n the lobby for guests' use. Breakfast was the reason I didn't give this property 5 stars. Three of the four days it was wonderful: waffle station, hot oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, toast, juices, yogurts and melons, bananas and oranges, coffee and tea. The only day we arrived near the end of the buffet at 9:45 the waffle mix was gone, the orange juice was pale and watery, the oatmeal wasn't cooked and I had to drain off the water in my bowl -- very unappetizing. Neighborhood is full of good restaurants but not retail stores. It is a 3-block walk to the Bethesda Metro Station, very convenient. If you are a senior you will want to purchase a Senior SmartTrip Card (not sold in every station; I bought mine at the Metro Station downtown). The fee is $5 but you ride for 1/2 price on buses also.
Staff at the hotel is extremely accommodating. There is valet parking @ $20 a day, which might be high but is very convenient. Although there were many families with children staying Columbus Day weekend, we found this hotel to be very quiet. I would stay here again.

1  Thank macbethLivingston
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Four of us went to this hotel for our first trip to visit D.C The location was excellent but what was better was the service and attention to please you from check-in to check out. We stayed 5 nights and we could not have been happier.
The rooms were clean, breakfast was free and delicious and 3 times we were offered a free supper- made one and that too was great and included with your stay at no extra charge. We paid $20 a night to have our car parked by valet and was no problem when we wanted to use it and have them repark it.
the hotel is a very short walk to some nice eating areas to fit every budget and to grab the subway for a 20 to 25 minute ride to D.C A card can be purchased at the pharmacy very close to the hotel. They even give you senior discounts on the card. The subway was easy and very safe and clean!
I would stay at this hotel in a minute! It was more than i expected and you can tell this staff was trained to make sure you were pleased and your trip enjoyable.

Date of stay: August 2012