Lowest prices for your stay
$122
View deal
Marriott Hotels
Priceline
Expedia.com$122
Lol.travel$138
All reviews m club sparkling water pooks hill hotel restaurant crab cake sandwich visiting family fitness center nice lobby would stay here again fine hotel housekeeping staff up to date free parking yogurt paulette desk downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

The Hotel had a fresh face lift , out with the old in with the new , well I have to be honest here , I like the old , that's why I choose your brand period.

It's like a old pair of walking shoes , you trust them to be comfortable and to take you were you need to go , were I go when I stay at a Marriott is something like off the grid to relax , revive , regroup , recharge

Being out on a concert Tour 8 months a year , this is a must for me , don't get me wrong the hotel was nice , the staff was over the top friendly

Just do not care for the glitz and hostel , A Loft style rooms now , and the bagged room service , gone is a glass plate and real silverware , it is now plastic silverware and a cardboard box , I have a feeling the Marriott Kids have taken control of this Iconic brand and have plans to make big changes to there hotels , to keep up with hipness that spins in our culture.

Old Bill Marriott had a business plan a long time ago , sometimes you need the old to remind you , your something special.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank OGDB
Aaron W, Front Office Manager at Bethesda Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Dear OGDB

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your most recent stay at the Bethesda Marriott.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your disappointment in our new room design and changes to our in-room dining process. Marriott is consistently working to make changes that will positively effect our guests. We do appreciate your loyalty and hope to have another opportunity to host your brilliantly at our hotel. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure your comments are addressed.

Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

We stayed there last week. This was a large hotel, with a staff, who remembered us, wherever we went. Anyone who worked there always gave us a greeting and a thank you. When we checked in, we were Lucky to meet a young woman. Her name is ROSARIO SALAS. She was a person, who helped us whenever we asked. We never stayed in this town before, so Rosario, was a great person for us to meet. Other employees who were wonderful, were Debra Cerevas, Patrick the day manager and Rob the night manager. Lem Lem our waitress also a pleasure to meet.

Room tip: ask when they check in
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
keith_mcneill, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Dear kenkoch,

Thank you for the wonderful letter about my hotel and team. I appreciate your comments, which I will share with them. I am very proud of my team and our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Front desk staff, beginning with Nathan(solid guy), very accommodating and alert to requests.The rest of the staff were great:Rosario,Ramona...Hotel security is alert and friendly (shout out to Eric, head of security).
They have a brand new big gym with state of the art equipment! and accessories like headphones,bands to tie back hair. Water cooler with regular water/gas. Looking through a solid wall of glass to an outdoor pool that is well maintained...replete with a lifeguard!! Adjacent to the pool are picnic/family stations with fire pits..and covered benches, so, if it rains you can stay outside without getting wet.
There is a relaxing and casual restaurant(i did not eat there) but the hostess was congenial. There is a 24 hour snack kiosk with reasonable prices(for a hotel).
This hotel is a little ways outside of D.C. proper but is well worth returning to after a hectic day of business or sightseeing. Great for families or folks who desire the party in the city but want to unwind in modern digs.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank B M

Dear B M

I am excited you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I am delighted my team took great care of you during your visit. I will recognize the people you mentioned. I also love our new fitness center and Cooper's Mill Restaurant, next time try one of the flatbreads.

We look forward to hosting you again real soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

I would have rated this hotel higher but for the location. Beware Strathmore concert goers, despite being the closest hotel to the venue at 1 mile away, the hotel shuttle will not take you there. We specifically picked this hotel because the website advertised complementary local transportation. That is only to the Metro and downtown Bethesda. The hotel is located in a residential area off a major highway, so there is nothing within walking distance. You have to take the shuttle or taxi to any restaurants or shopping, and $16 for parking seems pricy for a big, uncovered parking lot. That said the rooms are large and modern, with comfy beds and large shower. The room had a mini fridge, so bring snacks, there's only a small pantry on site. The public spaces are attractive and modern.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2016

Over the last few years I have frequently stayed at this hotel on business and pleasure as well. I have always found the hotel and its staff to be exceptional. The manager and his senior staff have always made themselves visible and available to help. The level of service offered at this hotel is truly outstanding whether at the front desk. the restaurant, the concierge or the bar. The hotel and its rooms are recently renovated giving a clean and bright feel to the property. Finally, the location of the hotel is great. Located just off the beltway, you can be almost anywhere in the D.C. area quickly. Yet, the hotel sits in a secluded setting where it is quiet and out-of-the-way. I highly recommend this the Bethesda Marriott. Tom Barbour

Date of stay: June 2016

Mr Barbour,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and delighted to have you as our guest.