WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Had better sleep during Basic Training”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked my hotel stay online. I booked a King sized bed room. When I got to the counter the person behind the counter told me that they had no king sized rooms available. I asked the person how could I book a room online and then when I get to the hotel they not have the room I booked available? She had no answers for me. She offered me a twin bed room. I had been driving since early that Am and was not able to travel to another hotel to stay at. I asked if I could get a discount on the room, she offered me a free breakfast in one of two restaurants. I get to my room finally and it is a pet room. The room was dusty all over, had hair in the bathroom and smelled like wet dog. I went to the front counter to complain and again there were no other rooms available. I assume there was some kind of high school dance or event that night in the hotel, as there were kids running around all over the place. The room next to ours had some loud kids in it and after calling and complaining 3 times to ask them to be quite seeing how it was 230am and getting to response I went next door myself and asked them to please quite down. And as I thought they were louder. They must have drunk all their beer because at 400am they either left or passed out and I was able to get some sleep. I was looking forward to the free morning breakfast at one of the restaurants, I called down to the front desk to ask how do I redeem the free item. They told me to go down to the breakfast area and once I have what I wanted to tell the person at the bar that mine was to be free… The “Free Breakfast” that I was to get was the normal breakfast that EVERY person got for free... I WILL NEVER stay at this hotel again and the owner/manager should be ashamed of themselves for letting staff lie to customers and for overbooking rooms.

Room Tip: The hotel down the street would be better to stay at.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Konstancja K, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking time and providing your feedback.
We sincerely apologize for your prefered room type not being available at check in, as well as the fact that your stay did not meet your expectations. I truly hope you give us another chance in the future and let us make your stay more comfortable.

Konstancja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Hyatt offers some of the most comfortable beds. Rooms are huge and sparkling clean. I was there for a conference and while most of it works, there are only three elevators to go to the ballroom where some of the meetings are and another set of three from the guest rooms to the lobby. Also, only one bar and it closes early. Still, the Hyatt is worth staying at and it is close to the subway stations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am on the board of a non-profit group which has their convention at this hotel every year. This was our 25th anniversary and the Hyatt went to great lengths to make our event special - from having someone at the bell station dressed as Sherlock Holmes to "inventing" special mystery drinks at the bar and giving prizes to 5 lucky attendees! (We are Malice Domestic, a group who loves the traditional mystery a la Agatha Christie). The entire staff was cheerful, helpful and very attentive. Any minor issues that arose were handled promptly and the weekend was truly a joyous reunion. GM Anthony Arbeeny, please extend my grateful appreciation to all your staff!

• Stayed May 2013
WNY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Have been here before and always have great service and friendly staff. Dining in the Daily Grill was wonderful! Any diet restrictions you may have are covered with frsh made delicious meals. The rooms are ok but could use some upgrades. My only issue was with the problematic wifi for Internet. Worked in the lobby and meeting rooms, but not in my room. They tried, but it just did not happen. Good space for meetings and close to their subway system to get anywhere you need.

Room Tip: Upper room not near the elevator(noisy there)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here for a sightseeing trip with our young boys to Washington DC. This hotel sits right on top of the Metro. It's a 20 minute trip to the sights in DC and about a 10 minute trip to the National Zoo. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and spacious. Hotel is in walking distance to many good restaurants and small shops.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked this hotel for a weekend stay in the DC area and was very pleased with the fantastic location just above the metro station on the Red line. It put us close to the downtown at a great price. The previous weekend I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Houston so was was a bit disappointed at how old this hotel felt (lobby, fitness center and guest rooms) but as I said, you can't beat the location and getting a Priceline deal always helps! They offer coffe in the morning to all guests, or some reservations include a breakfast as well. It is a sparse selection, but nice enough.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Konstancja K, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Kate,

We greatly appreciate your positive feedback.
I am very glad to hear that the location of our property, as well as condition exceeded your expactations.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Breckenridge, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Expensive and dated but clean with a friendly although not exceptional staff. Good location right above the Metro stop with plenty of restaurants nearby. Food, drink and Internet were overpriced. Glad my company was paying the bill.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear mscaffrey,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our property's convenient location and customer service our staff provided.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.