New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Waldorf, Maryland
“Happy New Year's Eve 2012-2013 @ Hyatt Regency Bethesda, MD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for a 2013 New Year's event. The accommodations were ok. Nothing spectacular. Regular hotel stay, nothing to brag about. Room was just ok, towels slightly worn. I love a great view when I stay in a hotel but when I looked out of the window, all I could see was the HVAC systems. Not a nice view at all. Friendly staff at desk. Food was pretty good at event and the following morning.

Really big hotel, plenty of parking. For Bethesda, I expected more of an upscale hotel. Bath was dated. Overall - it was ok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a solid three star hotel. Would rate higher except their housekeeping staff needs more training. Since most clients stay for business (and are older), they need to provide higher end toiletries and much better towels. Normal towels provided are ones I use to wash/polish my car. Plus, they have shrunk soooo much. The Concierge Desk is very helpful and thoughtful. They cannot be held accountable for the cheapness of housekeeping or the Hyatt. Room was clean and just the right size. Remember, if you pay for a terrace room, your view is in corporate offices, nothing else. The terrace is large but everyone can see you and you can see them. The pool area does not have convenient hours --- do an inquiry if you enjoy this amenity. Hotel's location is perfect --- right next door to Metro Station and two blocks to a vibrant Bethesda downtown area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Family issues brought us to Bethesda for an open-ended stay at the Hyatt, which we chose because it's right next to the Metro (and we had a bad experience at another hotel close to the Metro--see our other review a few years ago). When we mentioned our reason for our stay on registration, the front desk clerk offered to install a refrigerator in our room, which was very helpful as the days wore on.

Our main complaint at the Hyatt is the poor lighting in most rooms, which has left us groping in the dark to find a lamp when there is no light switch near the door. But we'll be back, it's the most comfortable, convenient place we have found n Bethesda.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I arrived fairly late, around 10 pm, and quickly gained access to my room. It was mediocre, with stains on the carpet, worn furniture, terrible cable (analog to boot), and the smell of cleaner still in the room. It burned my eyes for several hours, but it was late and I just crashed. My rate included continental breakfast, which was mediocre, on a par with two star places (i.e. Embassy Suites breakfasts are head and shoulders above this place.) I did not receive the promised newspaper, as my Hyatt status promises, and my bill was in error--it took 20 minutes to sort it out, and it was still not right. The hotel clerk asked how my stay was, and I said, "mediocre." The response was, and this is fully accurate, "at least it wasn't terrible." And that about says it all. There are many better places to stay, even in this neighborhood, and until there is a renovation in the rooms and the attitude of the staff, I cannot recommend this property in any way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love this hotel! I've stayed here a few times, but most recently in January 2013 for 1 night. We stayed in the King Terrace, if you stay here that is the room to stay in! Price isn't much more then a regular room, you get all the space, and a terrace with an awesome view! The staff is so kind and welcoming. We were having a girls night and had asked ahead of time for a DVD player so we could watch 80's movies late at night and they were sure to have it all set up before we checked in. Definetly stop into the indoor pool upstairs, there is something just so relaxing about it. The location is right at a metro stop so if you want to go into DC you are only a few metro stops away, you still get the "city" feel, but without the craziness of DC directly.
Now, if you are looking for super fancy, all the bells and whistles, this hotel is a little older, but I love the feel, I love the client service, and you must try the waffles from room service with strawberry's yum!!!!!!! see you all again in the spring!

All my best!

Room Tip: King Terrace!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here during the Presidential Inauguration. No problems with the rooms or service. Bed was comfortable and the shower had hot water! I took a dip in the pool on the 12th floor and it was hotter than the hot tub! I did not have access to Wi-Fi in the room and was told that I could access in the lobby, which was an inconvience for me. The hotel sits on top of the Metro/Bethesda station. We took an easy trip into DC. There were some nice bars/eateries close to the hotel. I would stay here again if I had the chance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on an overnight business trip. The hotel staff is very friendly and the bar was decent. Overall, I imagine this hotel was beautiful and at the top of its game....20 years ago. This brand is very hit or miss and I felt like the cleanliness, rooms, decor in this hotel really needs an update.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business