“Nice hotel”

Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for business. I was impressed with the size of the rooms at this location. Although I only stayed one evening, I could see how business travelers would like this hotel for longer trips. Plenty of area to work and relax. The only problem I had was that there wasn't hot water first thing in the morning and had to wait a little bit and there were not enough towels. I believe the whole "going green" thing causes that. But overall, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here for work this week and had a lousy experience. The atrium is very pretty but unfortunately you can here all the noise in the rooms. outside our window the street noise also woke us up. We asked to change rooms and did but the noise from the street and atrium were just as bad. The hotel is conveniently located to the metro and good restaurants but that's it. They charge you for everything there.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was there for labor day weekend. Great staff, Raul Concierge was superb, Mike at the check in desk very polite and courteous, made one very welcome.
Extremely comfortable beds. Wondered if it was previously an Embassy Suites as the layout of the common area was similar. All in all great stay!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency- Bethesda. What a Great hotel and a great staff. I called two days before we were to arrive to make a last minute 3 night reservation. The Hyatt reservation person (not at the hotel) was fantastic and got us the room we wanted. She even put in my gold card without me asking as I had forgotten it anyway. The price was right and we had a corner room with a large balcony. The bed was very comfortable and there were lots of pillows. All the hotel staff was friendly. This included the ladies working the breakfast bar and the cleaning staff. John the Bell man was very helpful and always said hello and asked what we planned for the day. We got an email from Megan the first day thanking us for choosing the Hyatt and telling us to let her know if there was anything we needed. THat was nice. The front desk was so helpful with directions and never looked put-out with my questions. My recommendation is stay here and save the money you would have spent to stay in downtown DC. The metro is literally 50 feet from the front door. I travel all over the world and have stayed in hotels 30 nights in the last 6 months and I can say that this is one of my best hotel experiences this year. It is nice to know that you can get friendly service, a clean room and a great location without paying $300 dollars a night.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The staff from the front desk to housekeeping were exceptional. They were attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The hotel room was immaculate. My compliments to the hotel managers for their attention to detail. The location was great with the Metro subway a few steps away. Two thumbs up from me. I will stay at this location on my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stay at this hotel several times a year. It sits on top of the metro and is within walking distance to "Bethesda Row" (a place with lots of restaurants, shops, etc.) and the cinema, banks, restaurants, etc on Wisconsin Ave. The location is great and the price tends to be reasonable. Overall, I like staying here and enjoy the room size, the large desk in the rooms, and the location. The beds tend to be comfortable and the rooms are a good size.

The hotel is somewhat dated. The rooms are clean, but some of the bathrooms need to be renovated. They are still clean and usable. Some are very nice, but you can see a little in the decor and fixtures. The rooms do not have in-room safes. This last visit, I noticed the elevators were taking a while. It was very annoying. The pool/spa area seemed a little more worn and dirty than usual.

I usually have breakfast included in my rate. They usually have oatmeal, cereals (including Kashi) breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, pastries, and Starbucks products. There are plenty of places nearby if you don’t want to eat in the hotel. The breakfast area is in the hotel bar area and people tend to be very confused about the breakfast being included or not. There is a list of prices displayed on a large menu over the breakfast area, but people still get confused. Seating can be tricky at certain times.

Twice now, I have had to call about my bill days after check out. On my last visit, they billed me for breakfast – even though it was included in my rate, the manager added a note about breakfast being included as a comment on my account, and I verified when I checked in and out that breakfast was included. They also billed me for a bottle of water that I did not touch (I brought several bottles of SmartWater with me and I never touched their water). The person had a bit of an attitude, but she said I would get a credit. Again, this is the second time they billed me for breakfast when it was included (Breakfast for 2 and I’m only 1 too) and after I checked out. The mysterious bottled water charge (I didn’t even know they had bottled water in the room), was new.

With parking, you can park in their garage, which is reasonably priced for the area, or the county garage. For the weekends and county holidays, the county garage is free. I find the county garage easier for the weekends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AmericanGirl1975
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed with my two young kids. The hotel is not set up very well with only 3 elevators which take forever and a overall layout that is awkward. Parking is confusing and expensive for a suburb of Washington. The included continental breakfast was in the lobby bar with an odd use of space that was cramped. The hotel may work for business folks but not for families.

• Stayed: August 2012