“Great Hotel Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Bethesda

You added Hyatt Regency Bethesda to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   One Bethesda Metro Center, (7400 Wisconsin Ave), Bethesda, MD 20814   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 15% off
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hicksville New York
“Great Hotel Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here for an annual convention that moved here from another hotel.

This hotel was very good. Location is great, right on top of a Metro Station.

My room was spacious and very well appointed. The Housekeeping staff was great.
Bathroom was a good size and had everything you could need.

I had no issues so I had very little contact with the Staff but check-in was very quick and
efficient and my room was ready even though I was a little early.

The restauran The Daily Grill was very good had a good selection on the menu for
eatin or "to go". Morton's Steakhouse is in the lobby, I treated my self one night and it
was excellent. Very expensive but excellent.

Since I was at a convention I didn't get to explore the neighborhood as much as I would have liked. But what I did see was nice. Lots of good restaurants, plenty of variety and there is even a shuttle bus to take you around that stops just around the corner from the
hotel.

The only complaint and it really is minor, is the elevators. Like all Hyatt Regencys they
are glass and run very slowly. In addition some of the meeting rooms are 2 floors down and the second one can only be reached by elevator. A little irksome but not
even to ruin a fabulous stay.

Stay here it is a good hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
nicholas_koonz, Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review for the Hyatt Regency Bethesda! We are thrilled that the convenience of our location attributed to your stay and your accommodations were comfortable. Hyatt Regency Bethesda's goal is to provide exceptional service and we are glad to hear that the service you received was quick and efficient. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with our elevators. Your feedback is much appreciated as we continue to work on improving our product. On your next visit, we hope you will be able to have more time to explore the area. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

This is a solid Hyatt and as such provides great service. Literally every individual I interacted with (from the time I negotiated our group reservation to check-out) was pleasant and efficient.

As others have noted the property itself is a little dated and could benefit from a refresh. While the hotel obviously is not in DC itself, rates are a little bit on the high side and despite the location on top of a metro station there are probably more convenient choices in DC proper. It is also worth mentioning that the hotel doesn't have a restaurant. There is one next door, but it appears to be owned by another entity.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
nicholas_koonz, Manager at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Bethesda! We are delighted that the level of service provided and the interactions with our staff exceeded your expectations. Your feedback is much appreciated as we continue to work on improving our product. Although we do not have a restaurant that is owned by the hotel, we hope next time you will enjoy the Daily Grill and Morton’s Steakhouse, both located in the lobby of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I decided to go back to DC with my aunt ans show her what that beautiful city had to offer and yes, I decided to stay AGAIN at the Hyatt R Bethesda.

I am a flight Attendant so I stay in A LOT of Hotes, nice ones and not that nice. The Hyatt in Bethesda always exceeds my expectations.

First, the location. Right over the Metro. You do not need to walk not even a block to take the Metro. Is right under the Hotel. That my friends, is very convenient, especially if you are traveling with family. The hotel is only stops away from DC, sooooo close.
There are so many things to do around. Restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc.

One of the most important reasons why I love this hotel? Their customers service. Everybody is so nice there. From the Door man to the maids. Everybody says hello. That for me is key.

I visited several hotels around there before, but the friendliness and warmth at the Hyatt is just priceless. To find customer service like this at at 3 or 4 star Hotel is very difficult. For me they always will be a FIVE STAR Hotel.

Trust me, you will not regret staying there. :-)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Fllblueguy
nicholas_koonz, Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for coming back and choosing to stay with Hyatt Regency Bethesda once again!

We appreciate your kind comments and will be sure to pass them along to our staff! Hope that you had a great visit with your aunt while you were in town. We are thrilled that you enjoyed a great experience with us once again and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Nick Koonz
Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

very good had bat mitzvah here and stayed there very good

• Stayed March 2011
Latham, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Bethesda while visiting DC. The location is terrific, the metro stop is downstairs and there are several restaurants within walking distance. After walking around DC all day it was wonderful to have a short walk back to the room from the metro. The room was great, the beds are very comfortable. We had the Cherry Blossom Package which included breakfast. At first glance the breakfast looks very small, but it is just in a compact area; there really is everything you need. The staff was top notch throughout the hotel. My only complaint is that you have to pay to use the wireless-$9.95 per day. We travel quite a bit and these days wireless is always free, we haven't paid to use wireless in years. I'm not sure why they charge such a fee but it is annoying. Even to use the computers in the business center you have to swipe your credit card.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NYBosox
Granger, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

We traveled to Washington DC for Spring Break and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda. Having an 8 and a 10 year old, we were really looking forward to a trip to the city, but staying so close to the Metro. We checked in on a Friday and parked in the lower garage. We didn't need our car again until the day we checked out. The Red-Line is in the basement of this hotel and is so very convenient to leave your room, get on an elevator down an escalator and on the train. Truly fabulous. When we checked in, Michael made sure that we had a room that best suited our needs. He was very thoughtful and courteous. He was very much appreciated. As the trip went on and we had questions, we would rely on the very helpful concierge and Suzie at the front desk was also incredibly knowledgeable, patient and kind. The young lady at the continental breakfast was also very pleasant and greeted us every morning of our trip with a warm message. She remembered our room number from day 1! Very personable on every level with every member of this staff. During the trip I needed to use the business center and the printer was out of ink. After calling the front desk, a gentleman was in the business center in less than 5 minutes and he had the ink I needed. The maid staff was wonderful and the turndown service was an added treat with chocolates on the pillows before bed. Another bonus that wasn't expected was the lifeguard that was permanently stationed at the pool. I was able to relax in the hot tub, while my young swimmers played and I knew they were being watched.. We will travel to DC again, and when we do, you will find us at the Hyatt Regency Dethesda! Thanks so much all of you for making our spring break trip so perfect!

Room Tip: The pool is on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dadofEandL
nicholas_koonz, Manager at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write these kind words about our hotel and the associates that you encountered during your stay with us. It sure sounds like you had a lovely time visiting Washington D.C and with us. Hope to see you back with us soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

From the moment we registered, our four day stay was wonderful. We read reviews about the hotel rooms being small and in need of updates. Our corner room on the first floor was large (i.e., two beds and a sofa bed), clean and not in need of updates.

Since we have two young boys (i.e., ages 6 and 8), my wife and I smiled when we noticed a large dining space for meetings around the corner from our room. That is, if a group was going to meet there, then any noise our boys would make would not be so noticeable. On one of the nights during our stay, a group of individuals met in the dining space pre-dinner and the sound did not travel to our room because of the glass wall surrounding the dining tables.

One of our children got sick late one night and the hotel staff was quick to respond and they refused the tip we offered them for their assistance. Though, we persisted and insisted they accept the tip.

The concierge made excellent suggestions for places to eat and things to do for a family with young children.

As for the location, it's perfect. Outside the side entrance to the hotel is a Metro station which is a short ride into Washington, DC. In addition, there are many very good restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. As for walking, the hotel is in a safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: Request a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BostonSuburb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott
Bethesda Marriott
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 431 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Bethesda? Share your experiences!