“Great Hotel - only one complaint” 4 of 5 stars

Doubletree Hotel Bethesda
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
new york
“Great Hotel - only one complaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Everything about this hotel was great as far as comfort and customer service- the only complaint I could have was I noticed when I dropped something by the bed, underneath the bed was a roll of duct tape and several empty water bottles which implies they don't clean under the bed that often- I was in a "Pure room" too.

• 4 of 5 stars
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on follow-up to guest needs and using client comments as training tools for our team members to continiously improve our service. We have addressed your findings with our entire houskeeping team on the day you posted this review to insure immediate follow-up. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return, so we can prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We've stayed here several times and have always been pleased with the rooms and particularly with the service. The breakfast buffet is pricey at $16, but pretty decent. Definitly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Bethesda or north DC. Note that free parking is available on weekends in a public garage about half a block from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write. We are fortunate to have a great hotel with friendly responsive staff in a wonderful location to meet all our guests' needs. Thank you also for making us your regular home away from home on your MD/ DC travel plans.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Cute rooms with a corner window and comfy beds. My room on the 7th floor overlooked the pool and the rear of the building. The only thing that could have made the room better would be a mini-fridge and microwave, but that's really the only sticking point on the rooms for me. The hotel backs to Woodmont St. which is full of restaurants and little boutiques, great for a Saturday morning stroll or grabbing a bite to eat at someplace different. The only hotel restaurant I dined at was Umi Sushi and I was very happy with my maki rolls. There is a regular restaurant, wine bar, and coffee shop as well. The hotel is valet only at $20 a day. It's steep, but I got this hotel through Priceline for a really great rate, so I had some wiggle room in my budget.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our recent renovations continue to help the property shine amongst our neighbor hotels and our location offers many options for all travelers amongst varying price points. We look forward to your return back to Bethesda and the Doubletree so we can continue to exceed your expectations.
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I confess, I made a stupid error on my non-changeable reservation that the Doubletree reservations line could not fix. I contacted the hotel staff directly, and the reservations manager Togi was extraordinarily helpful and understanding. He was able to make the change I needed, and it was clear to me that customer service is a priority at this location. Thank you Doubletree Bethesda!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tcostan
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our team members are empowered to take care of our guests' needs and without them our business would not be successful. We look forward to your return visit, so we can continue to exceed your expectations.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Our trip to DC over Memorial Day weekend was amazing! We had a budget to work with and found this hotel in Bethesda within our price range (under $100 a night). The hotel was nice, clean, and in a safe neighborhood. The metro is in walking distance, alothough we found that those of us with smaller legs didn't want to walk on the way home, especially after sleeping on the metro. If this is the case, there is a metro bus. I think it was $1.35 per person. It will drop you right at the hotel. There is also a free Bethesda circulator bus that will drop you (and pick you up) right across the street. If you can't wait for that, taxis pull up quite frequently. We ate at the hotel only once for breakfast. It was wonderful. There are several restaurants in the hotel. They also offer in-room dining. Since we were on a budget, we looked for other options and found them everywhere. There is a pizza place, Chinese take-out, and hoagie (sub) place right across the street. The roof-top pool was a big hit and a nice break after a hot day of sight-seeing. The life guard was very attentive to the kids. We asked if the pool was heated. She didn't believe it was, but it was quite warm, maybe from being on a roof in the middle of a heat spell. The hotel has a parking garage but there is another garage behind the hotel that is free on weekends and holidays. If you would rather the convenience of hotel parking, the valet service is $10 on weekends--much cheaper than actual DC hotels. The metro ride is not short, but it is easy. Also, when heading to DC from the north, Bethesda is only 6 miles from the entrance of the Beltway. If you hit traffic, you will only be 6 miles from leaving it behind you. Driving around Bethesda is also easy, but you probably won't need to do it. We left the car on Friday and picked it up Monday night. Everything was within walking distance.
All in all, I was very impressed with Bethesda. It is a nice, safe, neighborhood with friendly residents. The hotel had just about anything you would need and was situated in a good area of town. The front desk, servers in the hotel, and valet people were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The man who prepared our omlets for breakfast happily made scrambled eggs the only way our son will eat them (with american cheese melted over the top) and the valet men greeted him at the end of every outing with "welcome back!" The housekeepers also greeted him as he zoomed by each morning. When you travel with kids, you know that when the kids are happy, the adults have a better time. I appreciated everyone being so child-friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, June 7, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are fortunate to have great team members, complementing our newly renovated hotel. We look forward to your return visit so you can enjoy more of what Bethesda has to offer and so we can continue to take care of the entire family for their next vacation.
MIddletown, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

If you suffer from allergies as I do, book a Pure room when you stay here. I slept well, awoke refreshed, and did not have my usual early morning allergy issues of swollen eyes and face, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, and coughing. I woke up able to breathe, well-rested and refreshed. This is a very well-managaed hotel with a true focus on customer satisfaction: every employee goes out of their way to ensure your needs are met or exceeded. I have stayed here several times over the last year working at nearby NIH, and they have not disappointed me yet. They are my hotel for any stays in Bethesda!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thanks for sharing your experience wih us. PURE is one of our many points of differentiation from regular hotels. Our guests told us what was important to them and we designed our hotel with their feedback in mind. PURE does work for those with allergy and asthma sensitivities and your feedback is common amongst those who choose this room type. We look forward to your return visit, so we can continue to exceed your expectations
Mystic, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This was avery good stay. The hotel staff was right on the ball and very friendly, the room was good size, very clean and the bedding soft w/ many luxury pillows, spreads etc.The main areas particularly the Honors lounge was great for both size, ease of wifi and friendliness of the concierge (did not get her name but a terrific employee).

The little detracting issues was that it was 7 blocks from the metro , (which was a very pleasant walk) but at 10pm there were some very funny characters on the street and not altogether pleasant. I walked it 2 of my 3 nights at the hotel and it was the same. They do have a bus but I had not timed it correctly. The bathroom was very small and essentially the bathroom door had to be closed if you wanted to shave etc.. The shower went hot and cold on me in the morn as my neighbors also turned into the shower, the noise from an adjoining room from a phlegmatic older man appeared too close and then the nice Emeril coffee maker broke on the one day I needed coffee.

Restaurants like Grapeseed (#1 in Bethesda) and others were close so the location was terrific. Looked like their valet parkers were on the ball, had breakfast at the coffee shop and it was very good, broadband was free in the rooms (albeit slow) so I used the public areas and it was terrific. Metro is really convenient and there have to be 20 resturants in a 3 block radius. CVS is right down the road 2 blocks and a gas station right across the street if you drive.

Would definitely stay here again but would be a little more on the ball what to watch out for.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are fortunate to have great team members that know how to serve guests in a friendly and efficient manner. We have a great location with much to do and plenty to see, all within walking distance. If weather does not agree, we offer a complimentary shuttle to the metro stations and the neigborhood alliance operates a complimentary trolley as well, stopping behind the hotel which runs every 10-12 minutes and makes various stops along the 8-block restaurant and shop meca. We hope you will visit us again so we can continue to provide you with first class accomodations and friendly service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott
Bethesda Marriott
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 434 reviews

Been to Doubletree Hotel Bethesda? Share your experiences!