“Their PURE room gave me the best rest ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Doubletree Hotel Bethesda
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
MIddletown, NY
“Their PURE room gave me the best rest ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

If you suffer from allergies as I do, book a Pure room when you stay here. I slept well, awoke refreshed, and did not have my usual early morning allergy issues of swollen eyes and face, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, and coughing. I woke up able to breathe, well-rested and refreshed. This is a very well-managaed hotel with a true focus on customer satisfaction: every employee goes out of their way to ensure your needs are met or exceeded. I have stayed here several times over the last year working at nearby NIH, and they have not disappointed me yet. They are my hotel for any stays in Bethesda!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thanks for sharing your experience wih us. PURE is one of our many points of differentiation from regular hotels. Our guests told us what was important to them and we designed our hotel with their feedback in mind. PURE does work for those with allergy and asthma sensitivities and your feedback is common amongst those who choose this room type. We look forward to your return visit, so we can continue to exceed your expectations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mystic, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This was avery good stay. The hotel staff was right on the ball and very friendly, the room was good size, very clean and the bedding soft w/ many luxury pillows, spreads etc.The main areas particularly the Honors lounge was great for both size, ease of wifi and friendliness of the concierge (did not get her name but a terrific employee).

The little detracting issues was that it was 7 blocks from the metro , (which was a very pleasant walk) but at 10pm there were some very funny characters on the street and not altogether pleasant. I walked it 2 of my 3 nights at the hotel and it was the same. They do have a bus but I had not timed it correctly. The bathroom was very small and essentially the bathroom door had to be closed if you wanted to shave etc.. The shower went hot and cold on me in the morn as my neighbors also turned into the shower, the noise from an adjoining room from a phlegmatic older man appeared too close and then the nice Emeril coffee maker broke on the one day I needed coffee.

Restaurants like Grapeseed (#1 in Bethesda) and others were close so the location was terrific. Looked like their valet parkers were on the ball, had breakfast at the coffee shop and it was very good, broadband was free in the rooms (albeit slow) so I used the public areas and it was terrific. Metro is really convenient and there have to be 20 resturants in a 3 block radius. CVS is right down the road 2 blocks and a gas station right across the street if you drive.

Would definitely stay here again but would be a little more on the ball what to watch out for.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are fortunate to have great team members that know how to serve guests in a friendly and efficient manner. We have a great location with much to do and plenty to see, all within walking distance. If weather does not agree, we offer a complimentary shuttle to the metro stations and the neigborhood alliance operates a complimentary trolley as well, stopping behind the hotel which runs every 10-12 minutes and makes various stops along the 8-block restaurant and shop meca. We hope you will visit us again so we can continue to provide you with first class accomodations and friendly service.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I went to this hotel through a recommendation of a friend. I must say I was EXTREMELY pleased by everything. The service was great, the staff, the area is great and I must say all around everything about the experience was awesome. There is a circulator bus that takes you around Bethesda and it is extremely convenient and the staff on them are very helpful, the restaurants are all conveniently located either by the trolley or walking. Good food at reasonable prices. One must try is Tio Juan, Rio Grande, well actually, them and Burger Joint and Guapo's (right next door to hotel). I highly recommend this trip to anyone and this hotel and everything about Bethesda.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Bethesda is really a great destination with much to offer both business and leisure travelers. Our hotel and staff have become a great compliment to the neighborhood since our $26 million renovation and it makes us proud to receive such feedback. We look forward to your return visit, so we can continue with our goal of exceeding your expectations.
Washington, DC Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Stayed at the Bethesda Doubletree for one night. I'm a hilton honors member, so I checked in using the electronic kiosk. When I got my room assignment, I went to my room but noticed the door was slightly ajar. I looked in and saw the room was clean and unoccupied--but I didn't feel right about staying in the room. I talked to the front desk and they immediately gave me a new room assignment and made a note of the situation with the room. I was place on the 11th floor this time with a great balcony view. Satisfied with my room--2 comfy double beds and nicely furnished. The gym was nice and had a nice view from the hotel's upper level. The location is just okay--the Doubletree is on the north end of bethesda--so perhaps a 10 minute leisurely walk to the metro and the heart of downtown; the Hyatt and Residence Inn are much closer but typically more expensive. So you might want to consider taking a cab back from the metro if you're returning later in the evening. Overall a good stay. The staff was quite friendly and it was clear to me upon check in, they care about customer service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. Guest feedback is critical to our continious improvement. It is nice to see that the team was able to take care of your needs in a professional and responsive manner. I look forward to your return visit when back in the area, so we can exceed your expectations. Thank you for choosing the DT Bethesda.
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

My only regret on this stay, was that I was only at the hotel for one night. From the moment I pulled into the property I was treated wonderfully and professionally by all of the team members. My check in took less than 3 minutes, my room was spacious and clean and the "Pantry" (you will have to visit the property to find out about this hidden gem) was a unique concept and greatly appreicated by a seasoned business travler.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Thank you for taking time to share this feedback. We are fortunate to have a great staff, providing excellect service, as a compliment to our fine hotel. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return visit to Bethesda.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a week. I hosted several business meetings while there which were all well organized and I the found the staff to be very accommodating. If anything was needed, the staff was always available and very responsive. There were breakout sessions which were always well stocked with food and beverages and regularly switched /rotated. The business center was easy to access / use and had everything needed (for heavy photocoying, etc.).

The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious enough. All of the amenities were available (except for a mini bar). The hotel has a restaurant and sushi bar (and all of the food was pretty good).

The Hotel is really well suited for business needs and is walking distance to plenty of shops / restaurants and the metro.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our property. We take great pride in providing comfortable first class accomodations with the help of friendly staff and responsive service. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return visit.
colorado springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We had 60 attendees for a medical conference, and this was the perfect meeting location! We have hosted the same conference venue at more expensive hotels around the USA, but the facility at the Doubletree far exceeded the other 4 star rated hotels. The business meeting place offers a multitude of amenities you will not receive at other hotels, and our conference participants had nothing but praise for the business center and hotel staff, and the service offered at this hotel. They make you feel like they are on your side to ensure your conference is a success.
At many hotels, you feel like the meeting place is second place to a very nice place to stay, but not so at the Doubletree - it is a great place to hold a meeting/conferene. Don't go elsewhere, you'll be paying too much!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DTcookie, Owner at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us as part of our continious improvement efforts. We want to invite you back when your travels bring you back to Bethesda, allowing us the opportunity to serve you once again.