“Well suited for business - very well organized and comfortable stay”

Doubletree Hotel Bethesda
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a week. I hosted several business meetings while there which were all well organized and I the found the staff to be very accommodating. If anything was needed, the staff was always available and very responsive. There were breakout sessions which were always well stocked with food and beverages and regularly switched /rotated. The business center was easy to access / use and had everything needed (for heavy photocoying, etc.).

The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious enough. All of the amenities were available (except for a mini bar). The hotel has a restaurant and sushi bar (and all of the food was pretty good).

The Hotel is really well suited for business needs and is walking distance to plenty of shops / restaurants and the metro.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
DTcookie, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2010

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our property. We take great pride in providing comfortable first class accomodations with the help of friendly staff and responsive service. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2010

We had 60 attendees for a medical conference, and this was the perfect meeting location! We have hosted the same conference venue at more expensive hotels around the USA, but the facility at the Doubletree far exceeded the other 4 star rated hotels. The business meeting place offers a multitude of amenities you will not receive at other hotels, and our conference participants had nothing but praise for the business center and hotel staff, and the service offered at this hotel. They make you feel like they are on your side to ensure your conference is a success.
At many hotels, you feel like the meeting place is second place to a very nice place to stay, but not so at the Doubletree - it is a great place to hold a meeting/conferene. Don't go elsewhere, you'll be paying too much!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
DTcookie, Owner at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2010

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us as part of our continious improvement efforts. We want to invite you back when your travels bring you back to Bethesda, allowing us the opportunity to serve you once again.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

Had to go to Washington DC for a funeral. We wanted to stay in Bethesda, but not at the Hyatt. My husband had been back two weeks before and stayed at the Hyatt and it was terrible. Got a good package deal for air,hotel and car. Room was adequate, not huge, but big enough for the two of us. They do have connecting rooms if you need them. The staff was fantastic! We did not eat in the restaurant, but had room service one day for breakfast and it was good. The only complaint was that the bathroom was very small. You could not open the door all the way or it would hit into the curved shower rod. Also, while there were balconies, there was no way to access them.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
DTcookie, general Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2010

Thank you for your valuable time and detailed feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated and present an opportunity for us to build on our service levels, as we strive for continious improvement.

Reviewed December 19, 2009

Folks - I'm not gonna lie - I'm a hotel snob. I'm in the industry (have been for over 14 years) and I am a picky hotel guest. The way my family and I ended up at the Doubletree Bethesday was unexpected. While driving from Pennsylvania to Orlando, FL for our Holiday vacation, we were hit a severe storm when driving through Maryland. I panicked, as I've driven through some pretty bad situations, but this storm was terrifying. I searched for nearby hotels on my GPS and found the Doubletree Bethesda. After some scary driving off the exit, getting to the hotel felt like relief. The Valet Parking attendant was right there to welcome us, and the front desk agent was cordial and helpful. She checked us into room 505, for what we thought would be one night. Unfortunately the storm got worse, and one night has turned into two. However, the room is very comfortable, even has an air purifier which helps with my allergies. Room service was quick and great - pricy - but well worth it. In general, no one likes to be stranded by a storm, but if I had to be stranded again, this is the definitely the hotel I would want to stay at. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank efrainer
Reviewed December 3, 2009

First room had paper thin walls and needed to move. Second room was perfectly fine with free internet, clean, and quite fine. Then came a trip to the restaurant OZ. Staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Our waiter was perhaps the worst I have ever had due to his poor attitude. Should be fired immediately! In the end I spoke with the restaurant manager to obtain my food and although he finished my order fine, he seemed unconcerned about his incompetent employee. Food was hit and miss by dish. Overall people are not service oriented and unhelpful.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
DT-Bethesda, General manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2009

Thank you for the candid feedback from your experience at our hotel and restaurant. We use all feedback as a training tool to assist us in focusing on improving and also for recognizing outstanding service. We strive to deliver good food, attractively presented, great wine selections and professional service to every guest that comes into our establishment, and your experience in our restaurant was out of the ordinary and regrettable. We will use your comments to highlight our goal of warm hospitality and I want to invite you back to experience our improvements first hand as my guest. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so i can personally take care of your needs.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

I live nearby but have friends who stay in the hotel during conferences. I've met various people at different times in the hotel bar, "OZ," and it has always been loud, with incredibly rude and inefficient service. I just spent 10 minutes looking for the barman who agreed to wait on us but couldn't be bothered to tell us what beer was available. (Answer: no taps, no dark beer, lots of Bud).

With so many good places in the immediate neighborhood, there is no reason to stay in the hotel and be first ignored, then insulted, then ripped off.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank TiaKiki
DT-Bethesda, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2009

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We take local and out of town visitor comments seriously, using our guests' insight to address any and all deficiencies. Your experience was not of the norm and I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed here for a business trip at NIH. The room had just about everything I wanted, but I had to request a refrigerator several times before getting it. The first morning I requested room service for breakfast to get an early start, but it was late. My major complaint was with the shuttle service that was reported to run on the hour to NIH. There was a different driver everyday, and the timing of it varied from on time to 50 minutes late depending on the driver and how busy they were. Overall, everyone was very nice and I got what I needed, except for the hourly shuttle service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and insight. Since your review we have added shuttle service to compliment NIH's and assist in overcoming the delays caused by the enhanced gate security at the facility. Please let us know when you return, so we can provide you with proper and timely services for all your needs