“Very good”

Doubletree Hotel Bethesda
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 29, 2014

no problems. everything went well. Service was first rate. Staff was very contientious. room was clean. pillows were good. mattress outstanding. they did have this strange pattern in the elevators which was an optical illusion and was a bear after a few drinks. Morning checkout was easy. valet service was pricey and not up to par with what I paid. I called first. but car wasn't ready within ten minutes after I called. Not loving that.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Togi M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thank you Todd for sharing this insight and for passing along some things we can improve upon. We are happy you enjoyed your stay overall and that you will consider us on your future travels back to the area. We apologize for not exceeding your expectation with our valet service, which we have addressed. We took your comment under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda and hope we will see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed there for business, a nice place outside of Washington DC, with a lot of nice places to go eat in the vicinity (wonderful Mexican place right nearby). Staff was friendly, although at times a bit un-professional and the hotel was clean and nice. Location is good and access to DC itself it good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. The location was great and provided walking distance to all the attractions in downtown. The hotel itself was well staffed, maintained, clean, and updated. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyway staying in Bethesda.

1  Thank TriciaEllenHall

Thank you for your valuable time in writing this review, it is great to see that you enjoyed the value you received from us here at the Doubletree Bethesda hotel. The proximity to the metro has always been a rewarding appeal for our guests. We are glad that you were pleased with your overall experience. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to having you back when visit DC area again.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

This hotel was well situated for us to get into D.C. when we wanted to and also had plenty of restaurants nearby to get a quick bite to eat if needed. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew_Harrington

Dear Andrew, Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Betehsda and for taking time to share this insight. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back when visit DC again.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Came for a nearby wedding. Good pricing (got special rate (block set aside for wedding guests.) Service was good, Meals at Doubletree were good. Bed was extremely comfortable. Location was excellent for where the wedding took place.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The hotel and rooms were nice and clean, but the hotel is not family friendly. The hotel rooms are very small and cramped. The room is good for the business traveler that is out all day and returns to their hotel room just to sleep. But it was difficult to maneuver around the room with 2 kids and an elderly mom. Also, I reserved a fridge for medical reasons and expected to have one in my room when I arrived. I was told there were none available and I could store what I had in the fridge in the main office. What??? So of course this left a bad taste in my mouth and I would not stay there again because the accommodations were not suitable for a family.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a month while I was a rotating medical student at Walter Reed. When I checked-in there was a little hiccup but I was generously compensated by the manager Javier with complementary room service. Every day I would walk past the front desk and would be greeted by either Javier, AJ, Ricky and occasionally Sally. Every one of the hotel staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs, from the guys in valet who drove the hotel shuttle to Melissa in hospitality services to Mr. Lee in housekeeping. Whenever I needed something they were sure to provide it to me in a timely manner and with a smile on their face. After a week or so asking for dinner suggestions, I got to know the front desk staff. Eventually we decided that since I would be there for a month, I should try out a number of restaurants and then let them know what I thought so they would be able to provide other guests with more specific feedback. This system worked wonderfully and they were able to offer some local suggestions. After a month my time came to an end and I can honestly say I will miss my DoubleTree friends but whenever I'm in town I know exactly where I'll be staying!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business