New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bethesda, United States
“Exceptional hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at this location on several different times and have never had any complaints. The hotel is nicely maintain, rooms clean, the staff very courteous and helpful, the rates are reasonable, and the location is excellent.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi Douglas, thanks for making Doubletree Bethesda your home away from home. We will make every effort to continue earning your trust. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great hotel in all aspects if you want to be in Bethesda. Food was excellent. Rooms were updated. Business center was comprehensive. Meeting rooms were well equipped and there were many break options for drink and snack. The attendees loved the break station. And......the cookies! Just delicious.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Daz, I am happy you enjoyed your experience with us. We will continue to deliver consistent warm and caring service to our guests. We hope to serve you again soon.
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Double Tree Bethesda is a fantastic place to stay - perfect location, staff are VERY friendly and extremely helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean, Lobby is beautiful. Overall quality is second to none!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Lindsey, thanks for your kind comments. We will continue to build on a culture that seeks out memorable relationships with our guests. We hope to serve you again soon.
New York, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

It's nice to feel welcome when you walk inside and that's how we felt as we received our warm chocolate chip cookies at check in! The room was very clean, though there was a slight food like odor we couldn't quite place. The lines were fresh and clean and the room was well lit. We forgot to bring a corkscrew and when we asked for help, we were given one along with a smile and 2 wine glasses! Highly recommend to all, especially families headed down to visit students at the schools nearby...a 12 minute car ride to American University! The 2 double beds worked for the 3 adults and there was a desk with a chair...we thought there might have been a piece of furniture missing as there was a large empty space where another chair or small couch might have once been. the bathroom was small but clean and fine for an overnight. We should have requested more towels...the staff is very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Eaglebunny, I am glad you chose to stay with us and had such a great experience. Hopefully we’ll see you again soon; BTW…The rooftop pool in the summer is great for families as well..
Bethesda, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great place to stay for Walter Reed or NIH travelers. Parking is an add, but you can self park behind in a city parking deck with Go Park Now app or with coins for less. All hotels in Bethesda are expensive, but this one provides great access to the Medical Center (i.e. Walter Reed) or the NIH.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Caleb, thanks for your review. I am glad your stay went well with us, please come see us again soon.
Cortlandt Manor, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We arrived on a Friday afternoon and no food was being served for lunch. At dinner time we had to eat a hamburger at the bar because the restaurant was not open for dinner either. The phone next to the bed did not work. There was only one chair in the room which had two queen size beds!

Room Tip: Make sure everything works and there is more than one chair in the room.
Green Features: I liked the dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JoEllen G
Hi JoEllen, Your description of dinner experience is quite unusual; I will look into this further. We offer our full dinner menu in the evenings and often receive great compliments about our food. We hope you will try us again for a more favorable experience that we are known for.
Painted Post, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

While I am typically a fan of Hilton-branded properties, my experience at the DoubleTree Bethesda gave me ample reasons to reconsider my assessment.
I arrived last Saturday night during a torrential downpour to find cars blocking the hotel entrance and a valet attendant who told me to "go park your car in a city lot a couple of blocks away". After walking back to the hotel with my bags in the rain, I arrived to find a rude and unprofessional front desk clerk who told me (1) I had no reservation (2) you have already checked-in, and finally (3) that I did indeed have a reservation but that there was some type of system issue. After waiting while he left to speak and joke with the other desk clerk, I finally was given a room key. As I walked away from the desk, he yelled for me to come back, grabbed my folio and changed the room from the Hilton HHonors floor to another part of the building. While the room was clean, the hotel has obviously seen better days and is in need of significant upgrade.
After calling room service 3 times without anyone answering, I went downstairs to the restaurant to try and find something for dinner. My frustration levels only increased as I waiting for the restaurant server to end a personal call on their cell phone before taking my order for a burger and salad. While the food arrived within the promised 30 minutes, I certainly expected better from DoubleTree.
The perfect ending to the day involved the hotel's fire alarm and evacuation siren going off at midnight and joining my fellow guests outside the hotel entrance for almost an hour before being able to return my room via the stairs!
I spend 50+ days a year in hotels and have elite status with Hilton HHonors and a number of other chains. The DoubleTree Bethesda is not up to the usual standards one expects from Hilton properties. Very disappointing service and inexcusable treatment...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FlyFishGuyNY
Dear FlyFishGuy, based on your feedback it is quite obvious that you had a “not so great” experience with us. We are definitely better that what you described. I would hope for another chance to serve you in the future and to change your perception of our service levels.