“Excellent Experience”

Doubletree Hotel Bethesda
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Strongly recommended for Business Stay and it is located near the Metro Station for easy travel around the Washington DC areas. many local and fine dinning available for the groups and families to enjoy.

2  Thank Leroy H
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your patronage and for taking time to share this feedback. I happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again when in the area for business or leisure. Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Met expectations. Did not exceed and any areas. Good price and good value. Missed shuttle after I was told to wait in waiting area where I would be notified; I was not notified. Good overall quality, great location near Metro subway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan M

Thank you Dan for your time and for sharing your impressions. While I am happy to see we met your expectations, I do regret that you were misinformed about the designated shuttle pick up location. I have shared this feedback with our Guest Services management team for immediate follow-up. Should your travels bring you back to the area, please do not hesitate to let us know, so we can have the opportunity to reverse your impressions of our customer service. Thank you again for sharing this feedback

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at this property on "Easter Eve" as we were attending the National Cathedral for services the next morning, so we basically used it for a stopover for the evening. We used one of those "discount travel" sites to book the property, and for what we paid for it we certainly got our money's worth. The hotel is clean and quiet, the bed was comfortable, service was just fine. There is no indoor pool, parking onsite is tough and expensive, but there is "reasonable" parking across the street. There are some decent dining options close by, so see our reviews for the evening. All in all, if you can get a "deal" for the night, it's a good choice.

Room Tip: As is the case with any city hotel, be prepared to fork over hard earned cash for parking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Tubaman, I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for choosing The DoublteTree by Hilton Bethesda. Our guests satisfaction is our top priority and we are fortunate to have a great team of genuine caring team members to serve our guests' needs. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We look to having you back when traveling to the Washington DC area.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel staff were courteous and public areas well maintained. Armchair and hassock in my room (604) were worn and had threadbare piping at the seam. Manager on duty said they were in process of replacing these items but had not gotten to this room yet. Gave breakfast voucher to comensate. I think Doubletree would be better served to close this room until it is presentable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. I regret the impression you left with and assure you it is not the norm for our hotel. I do appreciate the valuable feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity when you are back in the area, so we can reverse those impressions you left with. We are in the process of changing out our room furniture. Please contact my office directly should your travels bring you back so I can ensure we meet your expectations.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last five years and for the first time I was very disappointed. The bathroom door was jammed shut. I reported it but but it was never fixed. If my wife and I were not in the room one of us would be locked in. I reported two light bulbs out and they were not fixed. The lounge chair arms were frayed and sloppy looking. If this happens again I will change hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Mr. Steven for your time and for sharing your impressions. I have shared your concerns with the staff at the hotel, as your comments are not typical for our property. Thank you again for your time and feedback and I can ensure we will exceed your expectation when you return.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

No fans in bathrooms. Internet very slow. Housekeeping not so good. Otherwise good location, decent fitness room and great eronomic chairs in the conference rooms. This box requires 200 characters minimum so I am adding some characters.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree Hilton and was a great experience. Wonderful location- close to NIH and many nearby facilities. Rooms were clean, staff very helpful and it offers late night dine-in options. This is the hotel of choice for my business trips to Bethesda, and I have a great stay each time.

2  Thank Velma S
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hi Velma, we appreciate your kind feedback. I am glad we are your choice for your home away from home. We will continue to ensure that you have a valuable experience each and every time that we are privileged to serve you.