Doubletree by Hilton Bethesda - Washington DC
Hyatt Regency Bethesda(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Bethesda Marriott(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$104
$94
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$102
$89
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$119
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

$98
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase(Chevy Chase)(Great Value!)
$99
$76
Courtyard
Savings alert! 58% below average rates

The price you found is 58% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$162
$125
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$101
$79
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

$85
1,337 results
All reviewscookiesdouble treevalet parkingrooftop poola hilton honors memberwithin walking distancemedical centerbusiness tripfront desk stafflots of restaurantsshuttle servicemetro stopbed was comfortablefew blockswisconsin avedcstarbucks
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently reserved a room at the Doubletree, through Priceline, for a two-night stay. My son was injured and we were not able to keep the reservation. I called the hotel and explained that we could not come the first night but maybe the second night (driving from New York to D.C.). The situation did not allow us to go either night. I called Priceline and they told me I had to speak to the hotel directly (the Priceline people were very understanding and did attempt to help). When I called the Doubletree, I was told that the reservation could not be refunded. I don't see why the hotel could not make an exception due to the fact that the circumstances were unforeseen, unpredictable, and out of my control. I consider this poor customer service and total lack of understanding. I would not stay here in future.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristen H
RBernard, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bethesda - Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hi Kristen, we are usually pretty flexible with extreme circumstances. We understand that unexpected things happen in life.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in DC for Memorial Day weekend. I got a great rate here from Hotwire (around $72/night) and then discovered that there is a lot of street parking around the hotel where you can park for free if you get in late enough each night and left early enough in the am (which we did) so this saved us another $20 or so each day in parking.

The hotel was clean and had nice amenities. One day our keys weren't working anymore and the gentleman at the front desk was very accomodating--fixed the problem and gave us extra cookies and bottled water to compensate. The beds are nice--almost too soft for my taste--and the tolietries in the bathroom were Crabtree & Evelyn (if you care about that kind of stuff).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Emily, I hope all is going well with you in Charlotte. Thanks for your kind feedback. You were nice enough to point out some of our great amenities. If you come back in the summer, be sure to try our popular roof top pool with the best view of Bethesda.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was here for a business trip with a group of close to 100 people. Valet parking only ($22 was waived for our group). I arrived 10:30PM--no waiting for parking or check-in. Delicious warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival.

Small bathroom - unable to completely open bathroom door due to large shower behind door. Spacious room, comfortable overstuffed chair and ottoman, no refridgerator in room but did have coffee maker (didn't use because it was dusty on top). Rest of the room was clean. I had the best sleep because they have the BEST mattresses and pillows...cradles you to sleep (I even inquired where I could purchase for my own). Pillows remain full and don't turn into pancakes after sleeping on them. Big towels!!!

Found all staff to be friendly, from valet, front desk, maintenance, dining services. This is a "green" hotel (their wastecans have dividers in them to separate trash from recyclables).

Meals were included and were tasty, except all the main meat/fish entrees and meat sides were too salty for me. Buffet breakfast with omlette stand, cereals, yogurt, dry cereals/oatmeal, fresh fruit, pancakes, breakfast meats. Buffet lunch and dinners with salads, lunch meats and cheese, fish, chicken, steak, burgers, grilled vegetables, potatoes, rice, macaroni, sweets table. We also had snacks provided during our meetings: scallops wrapped in bacon, meatballs, yogurt, fresh fruit, power and granola bars, mini-size candy bars, nuts, all kinds of beverages.

There were problems with the electronic system for our meeting, but we made the best of the situation. The pool is located on the rooftop and was not open in May and as far as I know, there is no indoor pool. It took some time to get used to the AC turning on/off when it reached the temperature it was set to (woke me up the 1st 2 nights then I became accustomed to it).

Overall a good experience though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello Jeanette, it is great hearing about your experience with us. Your feedback is very detailed, and we appreciate your honest take on everything. Our beautiful rooftop pool is open in the summer; I hope you get a chance to experience it. A clean comfortable room along with great service continues to be our top priority for our guests.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We recently stayed here this past week because my husband had an appointment at NIH in Bethesda, MD. It seemed to be the most reasonably priced and centrally located hotel in the area. The room was comfortable, beds very comfy, and the bathroom was quite roomy. We also like having a separate sink and mirror located outside of the main bathroom. The only thing that we wish to point out is that there were not enough coffee packs or coffee creamer. There were only 2 regular coffee packs and 2 creamers. We like having decaf in the evening and there were none in the room. We were very glad that breakfast was included in our rate because the buffet breakfast was $18 a person!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello Michail99, "Missing Items" is a bit misleading. After reading your feedback, it appears nothing was missing from the room, it seem that your stay went quite well. You pointed out some great features about our hotel and we appreciate it. It’s important to note that additional coffee and creamer are available upon request to all our guests. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after a mix up with a reservation at the Silver Springs location. This hotel offered a pool, updated rooms, lounge area, business center, restaurant and Starbucks. Must note first: Although they said the pool was open, THE POOL HAD NO WATER IN IT!!! Very disappointing since it was 86 degrees when we arrived, and another guest had children whose main objective was to go swimming when they checked in.

The valet parking is even half price during the weekend, which was a plus. Upon arrival, the valet was crowded, due to limited space, but they move the cars in quickly. Retrieval of the car is also speedy. Customer Service, on the other hand, is a bit more challenging. While the staff is very polite, they have difficulty with their processing procedures. In my case, I paid with a debit/credit card. I said to use it as a credit card, which holds a $50 deposit. The clerk tried to take $100 more than was required, which declined. I told her that the amount she needed is in fact on the card and asked what she tried to take. She said that because it was a debit card, she was supposed to take more (???). I told her to use it as a credit card and the correct amount was there. The rest of my check in was fine, however, I observed the front desk activities on a few occasions during the two day stay: One lady was upset because they had accidentally charged one of her group members over $1,000 for a bill that she was actually paying. Another was with a group of rooms, and after all others had been processed, she still remained at desk. Clerk asked her "what are you waiting for, a cookie?" The woman said, "No, my room key!" (Wow) A third was upset that some damage had taken place in her room while was was gone and she didn't want to be held responsible. The nighttime clerk told her there was nothing that he could do about it. I walked away on that note.

The room was also very nice, beds comfortable, free small waters, but the larger bottles are $5 each (so don't drink them!). Only problem was that chair and ottoman were very dated. Lobby area is very nicely decorated, with a large screen t.v., comfortable chairs and sofa. Starbucks is only open in the mornings.

Restaurant looked nice but we didn't eat there. The lounge was called Small Plate Bistro, but closed early on Saturday night. Lots of local eateries in the area, including a pizza place on street behind hotel which had delicious subs and wings. Asian food on both corners and many other upscale choices within the two mile area (Mortons Steakhouse at the Hilton down Wisconsin. Liquor store across the street, beer and wine on side street.

Would stay here again, but would not make it a requirement to swim, just in case the pool is still empty.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mcbarber930

Hello Mcbarber930, thank you for your feedback. Our beautiful rooftop pool is open in the summer; it's a perfect view of Bethesda. We make it clear on our website that our pool is seasonal, which is consistent with the County law. Regarding our Share Small Plate Bistro please try our delicious menu choices the next time you visit us. I must also mention that billing accuracy continues to be priority for us in our customer satisfaction efforts.