This is a quick, bullet point review: the Good:
* Large Rooms recently renovated
* Excellent Location
* Priced Right
* Extremely comfortable beds
* Service at wine bar/restaurant was excellent
* Bath was clean
* The warm cookie at check in is a nice welcome--too bad they aren't provided every day!
The Not So Good:
* I was never able to get hot water from the shower and warm water was spotty at the sink. I noted this on the repair comment card first night, but nothing was done. At checkout, I did indicate my unhappiness at not having hot water in my room-a small compensation was given for my restaurant bill, which I appreciated but I would have expected more since hot water would seem to be a basic.
* Rooms have heating/air conditioning via wall units-which I have found are always noisy.
* Although I did not need to park a car, it does not appear that there is enough on site parking available.
* It did not appear my room was vacuumed at any time during my stay (3 nights) based on observations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Doubletree Hotel Bethesda is located in the heart of trendy downtown Bethesda, MD, just 30-45 minutes from all 3 Washington D.C. area airports. Doubletree Bethesda is the closest full service hotel to the NIH and Bethesda Naval Medical Center, convenient to the Capital Beltway, I-270 Technology Corridor, and Washington D.C. attractions. The hotel offers guests complimentary Internet and a complimentary shuttle to the Redline Bethesda and Medical Center Metro Stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Bethesda
- Bethesda Doubletree