“Nice hotel, but little things irked me.”

Bethesda Marriott Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Philadelphia
“Nice hotel, but little things irked me.”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Very clean, friendly staff. Nice indoor/outdoor pool and a great gym. But I was left feeling...eh, after my stay. Maybe it was because we had to change rooms due to an a/c problem during our stay, (We did get free breakfast and parking for our trouble) Maybe it was the one tiny washer/ dryer for the entire hotel that some people would leave their clothes in all day that let me down. Could have been the overpriced, bland food in the restaurant that left me feeling not so excited. But I think it was the weird layout of the room. My feng shui was so messed up! Double doors that can't open properly because the bed is in the way, sliding door to bathroom that doesn't lock but the door to the main room does and then you have to go to a different room to was your hands.Who designed this??? For a short term stay, this is nice place but if you need it for a week you may want to check in elsewhere as the little things do add up.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Kitty Hawk, NC
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed 2 nights for business at a company within walking distance of the hotel. Positives: Hotel is immaculate and staff is friendly and helpful. Although I did not use, the indoor/outdoor pool looked inviting and the exercise area looked well attended and nice.
Negatives: High priced internet, no coffee or anything else in reception despite the power outage on the morning I had to leave or roast in the room. Parking and internet were each $12/day extra despite very high daily room charges. I think this is called nickel and diming the patrons but here it is big bucks instead of small change. I would think Marriott would throw in a few free amenities for their "Rewards" customers.
Comment: The bed although comfortable was somewhat weird in that you feel you are sleeping on hundreds of little pillows about the size of softballs.....a little strange the first night as your feet slip into the gully between these "large tufts". I do a fair amount of traveling and this was a first.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Denver
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We got this reservation through Priceline and were pleasantly surprised by the accomodations. The bed was very comfortable and the area is quiet and away from traffic noise. We had a rental car but the hotel provided shuttle services to the Metro which we took to downtown DC. The workout area was clean and had great equipment. It's not within walking distance to restaurants but is an easy drive. We did not use the hotel restaurant but others seemed to be enjoying it.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
kennett square, pa
Reviewed March 31, 2010

As others have said suites are clean and comfortable. We needed budget suite and this fit the bill perfectly. 5 min. drive to metro station and 25 min. metro ride so we easily went into DC to do tourist things. DC very crowed (spring break/cherry blossom) festival so it was nice to get away to the quiet of Bethesda. Front desk VERY helpful from check in to finding restaurants. Balducci's grocery off Old G-town road wonderful items for breakfast/picnic and starbucks in the shopping center. Took 270Nto Rockville Center and found great area w/movies/restaurants and Buffalo Wild Wings to keep teens/hubby happy watching NCAA playoffs. ATe at Rock Bottom Brew Pub in downtown Bethesda and good food there as well.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Amherst, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My husband and I made very last minute reservations to stay at this hotel during the January snow/ice storm in the DC and Virginia area. We were supposed to go on to Virginia, but had to stop due to the weather. The staff at the hotel were very nice, very soothing after a really difficult drive and the room was great. Very quiet, very clean and the bed! The bed was sooo comfy. I loved it. We stayed here before, but I had forgotten just how comfortable and nice this place is. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple