“Just ok”

Bethesda Marriott Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Suites are clean and spacious, and breakfast is good. 2nd time we've stayed here. The garage is a ripoff, and so is the in-room wifi, as most hotels offer for free. Would rather be charged more than nickel and dimed. Lastly, we had to have our room cards swiped 4 times, which was not cool. Not sure I would come back a 3rd time.

Stayed: November 2013
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hello BCtravelpeeps,

Thank you for your recent posting about your experience at our hotel. I was glad to hear you found the suites to be clean and spacious. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room keys and appreciate you making us aware of it. Our Engineering team is looking into what may have caused this issue. We hope that you will keep us in mind for a 3rd stay and are offering packages that include wifi and parking that may be of interest to you as you look to return to the area in the future. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance as well.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel was quite good and I had stayed for a trip with my family on the way to Washington airport. The parking is charged at bit higher rate which was one disadvantage. The staff was friendly and the property is at a good location and with excellent rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hello DuraimuruganTM,

Thank you for your recent posting about your experience at our hotel. I was glad to hear that our staff took great care of you and you enjoyed our suites. We hope to see you again in the near future should your travels bring you back to the Washington area.

Take care!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I tagged along with my husband, who was traveling on business. We loved this hotel! Staff and management was very visible, professional and efficient. We expected to see Mr. Bill Marriott walk in the door at any moment! (Marriott International Headquarters is adjacent...) If he had, he would have been delighted. This hotel team treats the hotel as if it were their very own. Special thanks to Joey at the Democracy Grille, who remembered my name after meeting only once. He is the epitome of the Marriott family vision. We hope to return again. Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell Myers

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank julieatthebeach822
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Hello Mr. And Mrs. Mitchell Myers,

I really enjoyed reading your post and look forward to sharing your feedback with Joey. He is a tremendous asset for our team and it is great to hear that he is perceived the same way by our guests. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance in the future.

Safe Travels

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights on business. My room was large and very clean. The staff was very friendly throughout the stay, including the room service delivery person. The lobby and bar areas are up to date and a nice area to enjoy a few drinks.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hello TJ20810,

Thank you for your recent post about your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Marriott room was clean and appropriately appointed. Front desk staff was efficient, parking convenient and everything you need available on property.
The staff at the bar was spectacular. I pulled up a stool, read my e-book and had my dinner. The staff was friendly, gave just the right level of service, knew a lot about wine and the menu and made a woman, alone at the bar, feel comfortable. Nice job!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hello Caligal 831,

Thank you so much for the feedback concerning your recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience. We hope to see you at some point again in the future.

Safe Travels

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute on Priceline for a great price. Really enjoyed the stay. Fantastic lobby and pool. Parking fairly convenient for Bethesda and only $15 per night. Rooms are all king suites and quite large. Comfortable beds and pillows. Very clean with updated decor throughout the hotel. The staff were all super friendly and attentive. Will stay here again anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hello unccbm,

I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience at our hotel. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance and we hope to see you again in the future should your travels bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I left my Apple power cord and my iPhone charger at my last stay. At my stay this week, there it was waiting for me upon check in. The outstanding service at this property really sets it apart. Everyone from the front desk team to the breakfast servers are outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark W
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hello Mark W. - Thank you so much for your comments regarding our staff service. I am very proud of the "extra mile" service our team provides each guest and really appreciate you making note of it on Trip Advisor. Hope to see you soon!