“Wonderful stay, great value”

Bethesda Marriott Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute on Priceline for a great price. Really enjoyed the stay. Fantastic lobby and pool. Parking fairly convenient for Bethesda and only $15 per night. Rooms are all king suites and quite large. Comfortable beds and pillows. Very clean with updated decor throughout the hotel. The staff were all super friendly and attentive. Will stay here again anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hello unccbm,

I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience at our hotel. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance and we hope to see you again in the future should your travels bring you back to the Bethesda area.

There are newer reviews for Bethesda Marriott Suites

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I left my Apple power cord and my iPhone charger at my last stay. At my stay this week, there it was waiting for me upon check in. The outstanding service at this property really sets it apart. Everyone from the front desk team to the breakfast servers are outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark W
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hello Mark W. - Thank you so much for your comments regarding our staff service. I am very proud of the "extra mile" service our team provides each guest and really appreciate you making note of it on Trip Advisor. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this location 9-14-2013 for one night, the only reason for staying at this hotel was for my two little kids to go swimming.

I called this property to make sure that their indoor swimming pool is open and they advised that their "Warm Water Pool" is open until 11 PM.

Upon our arrival, we HAD (No other Options) to park our car in their parking garage and the cost was $15.00. The room was clean and large, they had a small water bottle in the room with the Price tag of $5.00. Once we got to the swimming pool, the water was freezing to the point that you really couldn't use it.

The nest morning we tried it again, needless to say it was still cold. I brought the issue to the Operation manager and he wasn't interested. All he said was "Sorry we just changed the water yesterday." The operation manager offered to wave the $15.00 Parking fee and to honest with you, to me his action was insulting. As a customer, I expected more from the "Operation Manager" and my contact with him should have been the end it and he should have made it right.

The next day my wife spoke to the General Manager, and he went above and beyond and let me just put it to you this way, he corrected it and made us Happy. I think that is the reason that he is the General Manager of a MultiMillion Dollar property.

Room Tip: This place is about 15 Minuets away from Northern Virginia and Washington DC. This place is about...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello Amir D - Thank you for your candid feedback. When I spoke with your wife, I was very disappointed to learn about the extremely cold temperature of the pool water and how your family could not use and enjoy it. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience it caused you and your family. In addition, I have met with the Operations Manager on his response and coached him on the way it should have been handled. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality customer service to every guest. I was glad to hear from your wife that you will be returning to the hotel in the very near future. Your family will enjoy the pool as the water temperature has been rectified. Again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

At first, I chose this hotel because it's conveniently located in the center of NIH.
However, it's quiet far from the center of DC. The Westfield mall is located next to the hotel -- in a walkable range. The hotel offers a shuttle to the metro station every hour, and to the mall per requested.

At the price $139 per night (special rate), I got an incredibly huge room. The room is divided into 4 sections; living area, bathroom, bedroom and small minibar area. It would be perfect if they can also provide an in-room microwave. The washer and dryer are available on every floor and free-of-charge!!

Free wifi and business center are available in the lobby. No free in-room internet. However, the free lobby wifi can reach my room on the third floor. You may purchase the in-room wifi at $13 per day which can be used with up to 6 devices!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Marty_Roth, General Manager at Bethesda Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello Pinyohiso,

Thank you for your posting and I was happy to see you found our hotel to be a great value. In response to your feedback about microwaves we do have them available upon request but your suggestion of having them in each room is great information. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time you find yourself visiting NIH.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, neat and clean, but there is not much to do in the proximity. Only a plaza/mall 0.9 miles away to which they offer free shuttle. It is walkable distance though.
They also offfer free shuttle to the closest metro station (Grosvenor-Stratham - Red Line) but it runs only every hour and up till 9pm. I think a more frequent shuttle service would be a very good addition. If there is a conference in nearby NIH, then this hotel is in ideal location.
They were polite enough to let me check out at 12.30pm (instead of 11am) without late check out fee. They do not offer free wi-fi which I think for an expesive hotel like this, it should be offered. Breakfast is not included in the price (again, I think it should, that is not a cheap hotel), but everything in breakfast was good and fresh,though choices were limited.
Pool workd only between 5-10pm, it should be open more hours.
generally a good hotel.

Hello Vasilis26,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found the property to be neat and clean and overall you had a good experience. The feedback concerning the shuttle service and pool hours is very helpful. We hope to host again in the future should your travels bring you back to the Bethesda area.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I used 2 cards when checking in. 1 to pay for the room and 1 to pay for incidentals. They decided to charge BOTH cards the full amount for my stay which was ~$620. It's been 8 days since I reported this error and and I being told it will take another 7 days to have this resolved. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! To further exacerbate my frustrations, I have yet to receive any form of an apology for THEIR ERROR and they have done nothing in terms of trying to appease my frustrations in order to keep my business. Couple this with the fact that they $15 a night to park in a garage surrounded by a sea of parking lots. There are plenty of Hotels in the area. Don't waste your time and $$ on an establishment that is prone to billing mistakes, cares so little about retaining their guests, and gouges you for amenities that are not in short supply.

2  Thank Dave P

Hello Dave P,

Thank you for your e-mail and for bringing this matter to our attention. Having had a similar situation occur to me in the past I realize how frustrating this can be and truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. My understanding is that our Front Desk Supervisor has spoken with you and the incorrect charge has been removed. While we cannot undo the mistake I can assure you this is not typical of our team and we do not take situations of this nature lightly. I welcome an opportunity to speak with you further and can be reached at Marty.Roth@marriott.com or 301.571.2201.

Respectfully

Reviewed September 25, 2013

It is always nice to have a suite room when traveling. This hotel has an nice lobby appealing bar and great gym. The room furnishings are very dated looking in the living room area. The wall paper and furniture are old and out dated. The living room even has a TV with a big picture tube. Hadnt seen one of those in a hotel in 5 years. The bedroom and the bathroom are nice though. If you are a Marriott Elite member don't go looking for the concierge lounge. You would think next to the Marriott world Hdqtrs you would find a great concierge lounge but there is NONE. Instead they give you access to the continental breakfast in the restaurant. Not what I expect as an elite member. Not even a free bottle of water. Nothing for elite members at night. I would try another Marriott before staying here. I didn't feel welcomed as an elite member.

1  Thank FloridaTourist_12

Hello FloridaTourist_12,

Thank you for staying at the Bethesda Suites Marriott and for providing your feedback. Your comments about the larger suite sizes and gym are appreciated as well as your input on our areas for improvement. This is very helpful and valuable information.