“Clean, comfortable, no hassle stay”

Bethesda Marriott Suites
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
San Diego, California
“Clean, comfortable, no hassle stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Spent one night here for a work trip. The rooms were super clean and for once I had an air-conditioner that was really silent. That was one blessing that gave me a comfortable 8 hours of zzzzzzzzz. Great location and very helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Some family members stayed here recently (we used to belong to the pool - excellent rate for membership, hot tub, gym, etc) and the rooms have been recently renovated. The bedroom is good sized, with french doors separating it from the living room. We all met for brunch in the restaurant on Sunday, very convenient with a large group - lots of yummy choice including made-to-order omelettes, waffles...convenient location to downtown Bethesda. Lobby has free computers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Rooms are large with bedroom separated from living room NE French doors. Very comfortable bed.

Location can be a problem if you have no car - while centrally located, it is not within walking distance of much. Shuttle bus to metro available. Parking may cost extra - depends on reservation. Breakfast is extensive and may be included in reservation.

Very accommodating staff.

Wi-fi in the works very soon

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank wisteria22
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I don't normally stay here when I visit Bethesda, but did this time. Nice property and easy to access with entrances on multiple streets. The rooms were what you expect, small suite, nicely appointed and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Marriotts are generaly a safe bet, and we were very pleased with our recent overnight at the Bethesda Marriott Suites. The suite was spotlessly clean (very important to me!). We found the bed and room to be extremely comfortable. If sharing the room with another couple, I could see that privacy might be an issue. The bath room is divided into two separate areas - the toilet/ bath/shower area and a separate sink area. One door separates the toilet/ bath area from the living area and a sliding door separates it from the sink area. However, there is no door separating the sink area from the master bedroom, which I found to be a bit odd. However, the room rate was so good (we paid $109), I'm not sure you would want to share a room with another couple - and if staying wtih your family, it shouldn't pose a problem at all. The best part of our stay was the friendly staff, particulalry the restaurant staff. We were a party of 14 and checked in rather late and were very hungry! The restaurant staff was sooo accomodating. Even though close to their closing time, they moved tables together and were very courteous and helpful getting our late dinners out. We ordered items from sandwiches to entrees and everything in between. Food was excellent and prices, while not inexpensive, were average for a big metro area like DC. Agree that this hotel is a bit isolated. There are other hotels in the area if you are looking to spend time in DC proper (but also at a higher rate, I'm sure), but if like us, you are just passing through, I would definitely recommend. The hotel is just off the feeder road between I-270 and the Beltway. And PS -- kindness begets kindness. Like the last reviewer said, people tend to respond to how you treat them. We found the staff to be very nice - and probably the nicest part of our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Be-Well-415
London
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Marriott Bethesda is close to Marriott's world HQ so you'd expect the hotel to be on its best behaviour. What was unexpected was the superlative service. Nothing was too much for them. Example: my wife and I arrive late after a flight from California, one hour after the kitchen and room service closed. But the duty manager - Berta Orellana - rushed over to the kitchen and got them to re-open to get us a couple of club sandwiches. My wife wanted an appointment with a hairdresser - no problem, call made to nearby mall and booked.
The hotel itself? suites are smallish but reasonably appointed, LCD TV in bedroom but CRT in the living room. Spotlessly clean. Nice bar and restaurant, breakfast OK, parking a cinch next door connected by walkway, location excellent.
Overall a great 4 nights but I would be saying "OK" instead of "Fabulous" had it not been for the Marriott people who made our stay memorable.
As an afterthought, I've read some of the other reviews but I always say people respond to how you treat them, right? ;-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jeremyfd
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with my son for a quick trip to DC. I liked the layout of the room and the room was very clean, but the bed was horrible. It squeaked every time you moved and the mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. The staff was accommodating and allowed us to switch rooms on the 2nd night. While the 2nd room had a quieter bed, it wasn't any more comfortable. I woke up with a back ache both mornings.

We took advantage of the free shuttle to the Metro, which was nice, but if I were to go to DC again, I would stay closer. By the time you factor travel to the Metro and train ride time, it took us almost an hour to get to DC.

We did eat at the restaurant for dinner. The food was very good, but was way overpriced. Service was good. No free breakfast was a down side. We ended up buying cereal and eating in the room.

I was surprised at the cost of parking and the charge for internet usage. We opted to use the computer in the lobby for the limited amount that we needed the internet.

Overall, I would say our stay met our needs, but was nothing to brag about.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 1004. The bed is loud and uncomfortable!