“average”

American Inn of Bethesda
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed there for a week, 158$/night with a coupon code for a single bed, not even a queen size.
Clean
Nice personnel
Very Noisy
bad window isolation
no continental breakfast (fruits overaged)
Flow variation Under the shower
Doesn't look like the pics at all

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to talk about your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you giving an honest impression of the the quality of our accommodations during your last stay. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best quality accommodations at the most competitive rate in Bethesda. I wish we could have done more to impress you while you were with us. If there are any more specific observations from you last visit that you would like to pass on to me to address, please feel free to send me an email at darryl.calloway@baywoodhotels.com. Thanks again for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for American Inn of Bethesda

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The American Inn of Bethesda, Md., even though it has changed leadership has still the same A-1 quality of service and dedication to its customers. Even the menu of the breakfast has kept
up with the trends of today's diets. Kudos to the owner(s) of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

I'm glad to hear that you appreciated the complimentary breakfast, WiFi and Shuttle. We hope that you found us to be the best balance of quality and value in Bethesda.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights
friendly and helpful stuff
clean rooms
My daughter gets a free breakfast when visiting us. thanks for that again!!!

Free Maps and informations
unfortunately the pool was closed (we were told this is normal after Labour day) although it was very warm outside..80 °F

Breakfast was filled up even short time before ending..
Milk for the coffee flavoured- love this

like other hotels in the USA all with plastic.. is this really better than to clean glasses or cups??

I would come again
nearby is a metrostation (red line) about 15 Min. to DC

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your continued patronage. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the our complimentary breakfast. We are working hard to push the quality of offerings and service throughout the hotel to the next level. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been coming here for 20 years and it has always been excellent service & a great place to stay. Adeline always goes out of her way to make my stay enjoyable.

I highly recommend American Inn of Bethesda to anyone who would like a nice place to stay while on vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your continued support. We strive to be the best overall lodging value in Bethesda and I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your last visit. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

i was so pleased with the service they offered. room was quite small but nice and clean. i like free shuttle that took us to metro station. i was so happy to stay at the hotel because not only it was closed to the city and DC but also the front desk agent was Adeline, she was very helpful to take care of my stay. i would recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives. thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that our staff and accommodations met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have a good stay here and I love the free breakfast and WiFi. I arrived late at night and Zein accommodated my needs. Good service and nice hotel for affordable price. NIH is so close to the hotel and I was able to use their shuttle which they run for free. Awesome! I greatly recommend their hotel...

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Rob2286
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I don't know if I was put in an older section of the hotel or what but the room I was in was dingy, small, and stuffy. No view whatsoever. The location was inconvenient. There was no taxi service out front of the hotel. The metro is a few blocks a way but to walk to the metro at night is creepy because there are no people around. Streets are dark. When it was time to check out of the hotel, the front desk staff were unhelpful in locating me a taxi back to the bus station. They also appeared to care less. I ended up making my bus but had to hail a cab on the street with my suitcase. I really have nothing positive to say about this hotel. I would skip this one.

Room Tip: I did not mean to say the room service was terrible, as I did not order room service. I clicked on i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarc1
Darryl C, General Manager at American Inn of Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I'm sorry that you were not completely satisfied with our location and amenities. We are committed to providing great guest service at a great value in Bethesda for our guests. We are centrally located between the Federal Medical campuses and the city center of Bethesda. We also offer a complimentary shuttle to the metro and to all locations within a 1 mile radius of the hotel. I appreciate your candid feedback and can assure you that we will use your feedback to improve our service delivery. If you would like to further discuss your experience at the American Inn, please feel free to give me a call.