“Wonderful meal is the norm for this Bethesda favorite”

La Panetteria Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
La Panetteria Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 372 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We dined with College Fraternity brother and his wife and had as usaual an excellent dining experience. The restaurant offers a economical $45/couple four course menu, but we all opted for menu items and specials. The homemade tortellini and asparagus soups were flavorful and satisfying, the entrees were expertly prepared and presented and tasted superb. The dessert tray was impossible to stay away from and the cappucinos topped the evening off.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I have been enjoying meals at La Panetteria in Bethesda, Md. for many years. It is a quiet restaurant with excellent food. Each main dish comes with a big house salad. The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is comfortable and attractive.

2  Thank wfw8200
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Food was below par. Service was very slow. The owner suggests that his staff tell him how much to charge and so he charged us 30 crafts of wine for 60 adults when half did not even drink and the other half had max 2 glasses each (i.e., during lunch time). When I told him about how it was totally illogical for our group to drink this much, he reduced it to apx. 15 crafts. What a cheat. I thought the owner was a decent person; unfortunately, totally unprofessional!!!! My suggestion is to pick another restaurant in Bethesda. There are lots of them that are better than this one! Sorry.

2  Thank razarm
Reviewed November 5, 2012

La Panetteria Restaurant has been here for years, but the quality and service remain terrific. We just moved to the area and it has become our favorite restaurant in a city where great restaurants abound. Great wait staff, food and the prices can't be beat.

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a very good restaurant. And they decorated it very nice too!
I went for lunch with colleagues. We shared an appetizer plate with kalamari, white pizza, zuchhini, mozzarella, tomato and mushrooms. nom nom nom
I had veal with Marsala sauce and mushrooms, very good, also my colleagues all liked their food. Most of them ordered the lunch specials. They had never been there and all want to come back.
I will definitely return for dinner sometime. It is also very romantic I think.