“Local gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wildwood Kitchen

Wildwood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildwood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 356 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Robert Wiedmaier restaurant at the Shops at Wildwood
frederick, maryland
“Local gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Came here on the recommendation of a good friend who appreciates good food - it did not disappoint! I had the mushroom soup and a seafood medley - both were delicious. My friend had lamb and potato meatballs, the restaurant's signature dish; it was a taste treat. Even the bread was a special treat. Nice wine selection and superb service. The setting (we took a booth) was comfortable and low decibel. We were also in time to take advantage of an earlybird special with appetizer and entree for $25. I will definitely return to try more items on this menu.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank fred200099

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Monday evening cocktail and dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Excellent experience, from start to finish. Great cocktail menu, with interesting inventive drinks. The swordfish was exquisite. Will return with friends soon!

• Visited July 2014
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“A gem hiding in a strip mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Wildwood Kitchen was a great experience from the moment we sat at the bar. The bar maid was amazing with great knowledge of her trade including fantastic old style tonics. The atmosphere is fresh, the staff wonderful and the food amazing. Our server, Nathan, informed us when starting, he was new but was wonderful. It was obvious they trained him well before turning him on solo to clients. I would have never guessed we were one of his first tables. The menu was amazing with high recommendations for the Lamb Meatballs and the chop salad both of which I purchased both. The salad was over the top fresh and prepared spectacularly. The meatballs, though I would have never selected them, were one of the best meals I have eaten. It is worth a visit; give it a try. The venue is small and intimate (not crowded) they do have time limits for seating. You can’t blame them as they need to turn tables to make a go.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Orchard609
“The Comeback Kid!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Several months ago, I wrote a negative review due to poor service from the Maitre D. A few weeks ago, I bumped into the chef outside the restaurant and he encouraged me to give the restaurant another chance. I did so -- and had a wow experience. The food was delicious, the service outstanding -- a truly memorable evening.

• Visited May 2014
Florida
“Nicely plated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I enjoyed it enough last year that I decided to come back for seconds and was richly rewarded. This is one of those plate-art joints where everything on the lunch menu sounds good and looks better. When tastes run wild, its best to split split everything, and so we did. We split the scallops, wagyu burger and lamb meatballs and all were cooked to perfection. The scallops were zingy and the meatball sauce mixed well with the potato puree, which I sopped up with the left-over bread crusts. If you try coming without a lunch reservation, come early.

• Visited May 2014