“Go-to Mexican in Bethesda”
Review of Guapo's

Guapo's
Reserve with OpenTable
Guapo's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 374 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Don't underestimate Guapo's in Bethesda. It may be located in a hotel, but it's the best Mexican place around. FRESH (and endless) chips and pico, and tortillas made onsite. HUGE portions with great flavors (tortilla soup, seafood soup, fajitas and burritos are our go-to's). The place is always busy, but we can always find a seat in the bar. And during the week the all-you-can-eat buffet is a great value. We also come here with family, and they are always great with kids.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went here while staying at the Doubletree (nextdoor). I was impressed by the friendliness of the waitstaff and the bright atmosphere - - not bad for eating alone.

While my dish was not particularly flavorful (spinach enchiladas), I did appreciate that the menu indicated the vegetarian options very clearly on the menu.

Seems like it would also be a great place to meet a few friends or colleagues for margaritas and a giant bowl of guacamole!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Like all restaurants in the area this one was quite over priced. Among the "decent" attempt at Mexican food it in my opinion is just an average restaurant. I got a taco plate that came with 3 Tacos, some rice and beans and of course they brought a basket of chips and salsa. I requested a salsa with a bit more kick as the salsa they brought was a little watery and plain. As a sauce with a little kick I received a shot glass size dish with this green paste that was nothing short of tasteless discomfort. It wasn't even salsa! My food was quite flavorful but the well seasoned chicken I had caused the obvious prepackaged taco shells to become soggy and just fall apart, by the time I got to the third taco I was just eating the taco with a fork as none of it was crunchy anymore.

All in all this is close to being a very good restaurant but there just wasn't anything that stuck out to me to give it better than a 3/5.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Met a friend for lunch there and was first overwhelmed how beautiful the restaurant is and the food that was equally awesome. Price was even decent for the area. Had fajitas that were excellent. Beans are great balance. Rice was only OK, but that's the only potential negative. Service was excellent. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

And the service was excellent too. It was not heavy food but it was delicious and just what we wanted.