“Great food, friendly and quick service. ”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 364 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Appomattox, Virginia
“Great food, friendly and quick service. ”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Food portions are a little too much for me personally, always have a to go box. Enchiladas & tamales are so good! The salsa served with chips is really good.

• Korean first
Bethesda, Maryland
“Super Tex Mex”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Originally called Rio Grande when in opened 20 years ago in a different location it has been a minstay of the family and friends scene ever since. The Tex Mex food is a cut above all of the competition,, especially for a chain and you will never leave hungry. Kids love watching the tortilla maker. Adults love the margaritas and chips and salsa. Try the grilled shrimp.

Visited July 2014
Rochester, New York
“Good Food and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went here for lunch and were not disappointed. Nice menu, service was fast, staff very friendly and food was good with large portions. Our server even gave us some fresh chips to take home with our doggie bags!

Visited June 2014
Spring, Texas, United States
“Great Mexican food for up north”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We are visiting the area from Texas and I was curious to see how the Mexican compared here to down in Tex-Mex land. I was impressed. It reminded me of an upscale restaurant in Texas called Pappasitos. There was plenty of people here on a Tuesday night. This definitely was the most happening place for kids in the Bethesda area. I had my kids and husband with me. We originally were sitting on the patio but a big storm was coming through. We were quickly moved inside by the manager and the waitstaff.

Inside the place was loud and hard to communicate with the family; very loud and bustling. We had an attentive waiter. What I did notice that there was not people who were constantly checking to see if our chips and salsas were refilled. Our waitress came by to check on us but we had to wait awhile to be refilled. My kids were starving!!

My husband and I split the fajitas for one. Plenty of food for us. It was so good. I even liked the rice and beans which normally I do not bother with the sides. My kids had ordered the kid's meal version of the fajitas. There plates had as much food if not more than what we got for splitting the fajitas for one. Lots of food for the price of the kid's meal.

We had margaritas. They were very expensive but very good. I wish they would have served a bigger glass and less ice for the price but I can't complain about the quality of the drink.

We ordered the cajeta for dessert. We all split it and it was enough for us to all be happy and satisfied.

I had been upset by the amount of money we have been spending on food in Bethesda for the quality of food. I was happy, full, and satisfied when I left this dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worse dining experience in a long time”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went to have a nice early dinner after a movie on Sunday, July 6. It was early - 4:00 PM and uncrowded. Actually no one was there except the servers. We like to sit in the bar area but ALL THE TABLES WERE EMPTY AND FILTHY AND UNCLEARED. We had to ask staff to clean one of the tables for us to sit. We had to ask for EVERYTHING - chips, salsa, menues, water, drinks, napkins and silverware, and the check! It was hot and sunny so we had to lower the blinds ourselves as the staff were oblivious and didnt offer to lower them or to serve us properly. We asked for menues and got only 1 for 2 people...and that 1 was filthy with food all over the inside of it!! We had to ask for TWO other CLEAN menues. Meanwhile we observed 3 staff standing around and socializing nearby... totally ignoring their customers. Our waters wer never refilled. WORSE DINING OUT EXPERIENCE in a very long time. We also had to ask to have the table cleared and for a take home food box. We used to love your restaurant and were so very disappointed this time. It felt filthy, service was horrible, and your guacamole tableside, although good, is way overpriced. We don't think we will return again. THIS WAS OUR $100 EXPERIENCE AT JULIOS IN BETHESDA, MD. No thank you. We will not return nor recommend Julios.

• Visited July 2014