“Decent choice for our large group Including kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 358 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellevue, Washington
“Decent choice for our large group Including kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Uncle Julio's worked out well for our group of nine, including four younger kids. Prices were a bit on the high side for Mexican but everyone's food was good. Tableside guacamole presentation was a hit. Service was very friendly.

Only negative was my drink, a strawberry daiquiri, which was not very good. The atmosphere was quite noisy and the included salsa was rather bland.

• Korean first
Bethesda, Maryland
“Always come away satisfied and full!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is my company's go to restaurant in downtown Bethesda for celebratory meals and it's great. Never had a bad experience. The food is sizzling hot and delicious and my favorite is the combination beef and chicken fajitas, which comes with beans and rice, cheese and guacamole and lettuce. They have a very extensive menu and other traditional mexican dishes are also appealing (burritoes, fish tacos, enchiladas). Very kid-friendly, and there's a great bar out front for happy hours. Service is generally good and due to the huge space can accommodate plenty of outdoor and indoor seating without much wait. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
Arlington, Texas
“Good Mexican Food in Yankee Land?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Originally from El Paso, TX the land of Southwest style Mexican Food, we consider ourselves "Mexican Food Snobs" we are not fans of Tex Mex. This however was a surprise as they serve enchiladas with a red sauce that is almost as good as any restaurant in ELP or New Mexico. The restaurant is in a great location in Downtown Bethesda.

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“TexMex Go To”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Uncle Julio's (Rio Grand) is always on the destination short list for our family. Have to get there for their Fajita's, Camarones, Chili Con Queso and Guac regularly. Lots of beers and cocktails featured but the signature drink, the Swirl is part of the ritual. It is a frozen margarita swirled with frozen sangria and they do it best.

Visited April 2014
Maryland
“A Trip to Mexico in Downtown Bethesda”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Uncle Julio's is one of my regular spots for lunch in Bethesda - a girlfriend I lunch with frequently really likes going here. I'm okay with Mexican food and the food and service here are very good. I usually order tamales if they have them, or tacos, although on my most recent visit I had a quesadilla which was very good. Of course I eat more than I should of the chips and salsa which seem to be endless here. The wait staff is very helpful and friendly and the decor really feels Mexican. So, I enjoy coming here as it really is a break away from my day and it puts me in a good mood.

• Visited March 2014