“Wonderful Italian Food”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We decided to give this place a try even though we didn't have a reservation on a Saturday evening. We were seated immediately. The place was packed and the bar was hopping. We ordered the arancini (stuffed risotto balls) as an appetizer. These lightly fried balls of risotto and mozzarella were quite tasty especially when topped with the marinara sauce. I had the special of the day which was a grilled red snapper accompanied by pasta in olive oil and garlic and chunks of asparagus. My wife had the tortellini. Although it took quite some time for our entrees to appear it was well worth the wait. My red snapper was absolutely delicious. The pasta was a nice addition. I actually prefer it in oil rather than a heavy sauce. The tortellini were also fantastic. We were quite pleased with our meals and look forward to visiting here again. A nice touch in the end was a complimentary desert due to the fact that our table was so close to all of the bar activity (we didn't ask for the comp but couldn't refuse the offer). I highly recommend this restaurant and rate our meals as some of the best we have ever had.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love Olazzo....the food is excellent, the staff is very pleasant, and I've been there a lot . It is my favorite place in Bethesda and is very consistent.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Love this charming little gem. Everything is great. Try the seasonal appetizer, tonight's is roasted peaches with goat cheese in balsamic vinaigrette. The lasagna can't be beat although the arancini is awesome too

Reviewed June 25, 2013

A group of 6 for business went for dinner without a dinner reservation and were seated within 15 minutes. Very good Italian, especially my friend's torteloni (sorry for butchering the spelling). Sald Caprese was not their best but all the other food was tasty and a broad menu opion.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at a hospital in Bethesda over 2 nights for the birth of a child. He ran out to grab food for us and we were incredibly disappointed with the product at olazzo.

We ordered 2 portions of the chicken Parmesan which each came with a house salad, bread and we also ordered the stuffed dates. (These were absolutely delicious, but ridiculously overpriced for the 4 dates in the portion.)

The chicken Parmesan was overcooked, the pasta was mediocre but what bugged me the most was the lack of care for the to-go servicr...there was no salad dressing for the salad, no napkins, silver wear, the bread had no butter/oil and the hots were put in the same bag as the colds, meaning even the ten min from the restaurant to the hospital room made everything a Luke-warm mushy mess.

Usually the reviews on tripadvisor are accurate, but the fact that this place is ranked number 4 in Bethesda is way off the mark.

2  Thank caroline k